Racepak IQ3 and G4+ Problems

Peter Andersson

Hello , My name is Peter Andersson I have a Link G4+ on my Dragbike ( FunnyBike )

I have a problem getting my link G4+ to talk to my IQ3 Dash

Before i updated the firmware it did not show anything . But now some parameters is correct , Watertemp , Oilpressure

but the rest is rubbish , Rpm comes and goes

Its set to generic dash ( the only preset that has comunication at all )

Lots and lots of hours trying to make this work

( Andersson Turbo on facebook )

Hi Peter,

From previous testing on the bench the following setup was found to work well with our ECU's:

To get the software to see the correct I/O options it needs to read the configuration from the Racepak CAN module.

- Install the Datalink software and during setup select the IQ3 configuration files

- Open “Datalink Program†from the Windows start menu

- Go to file → Open car configuration → Select IQ3_config

- Go to Settings → Scan COM ports to detect the Dash

- Click 'READ' on the toolbar on the right hand side to retrieve VNET module configuration

- This will import all the 'EFI' settings which are setup to match the data output from Link/Vi-PEC ECU's. Channels controlled from within the dash (such as GPS speed, accel G's etc) are also automatically available.

- Right click on “IQ Logger†to bring up the dash display configuration

- Set up each channel with the desired I/O's from the ECU (EFI channels are set to suit the Link/Vi-PEC ECU's)

- Any individual setting can have the scaling etc changed if required by right clicking on it on the configuration screen

Things to look out for: make sure the parameters you are setting up are on the channels from the VNet module, not the generic ones that show in the list. The one IQ3 we had here for testing did need some tweaking done to the scaling to get some of the parameters to span correctly (for example: MAP: Raw data A = 0, will become = 0, Raw data B = 1, will become = 1. AFR: Raw data A = 0, will become = 0, Raw data B = 1, will become = 0.001)

One other thing I found when testing was the data transmit speed on the Link seems to have trouble if it is low-ish. I found a couple of the readings would not show or drop out if it was not high enough. 100Hz seemed to work well.

If some data is getting through then it looks like everything is set up and talking correctly. This indicates it is just scaling issues or perhaps the generic parameters selected (rather than the ones from the VNet module). Unfortunately we do not have an IQ3 here to try your configuration with, but we are in the process of getting one. If you continue to have issues the next step may be to try a copy of your setup in one here once we have received one.

Regards,

Sam

Hi Peter

The dash issue is most likely to be the configuration of the dash as you are seeing some info this indicates the ECU is sending information.

Normally if the ECU CAN setup is incorrect you will get no information at all.

Can you try 5.4.1 PC link to see if you still have an issue with the quick tune.

• 1 month later...

Does Anyone have a sollution for my Dashproblems

It seems like Im in between the manifactures here , no one likes to take resposabillity to this problem. After all Its Not a cheap product

The quicktune issue still ramains when using 5.4.1

Regards    Peter

Edited by Peter Andersson

Hi Peter.

Would you be able to take a screenshot of the lambda / quicktune issue.

Same would be good for the vnet/dash configuration. 

If you wanted to send the units to us we can sort on the bench. 

Pic 1 and 2 shows what Q tune reeds in realtime but the A /F shows the actual values

Dash is allso in same realtime watertemp is correct , Oilpressur is correct ( no sensor for the moment ) Rpm works on and off and real Lag ( slow )

Lambda A / F allso way of  , Box marked Peter shows manifoldpressure allso slow and comes and goes

The config is deffault from Racepak for G4+

Q-tune-fail.jpg

Q-tune-fail.jpg-2.jpg

R-pak.jpg

Hi Peter can you attach you PCL file from the ECU.

There was and issue on earlier firmware versions that caused the lambda average to read incorrect when only one lambda input was used.

I can then also check the COM settings to the dash

Hi Peter,

I don't know if Simon's email address has changed or not it was [email protected]  or [email protected] you can PM him or

you can send it to myself  [email protected] .

Either way Simon will get it.

I can run the file on my simulator and test for you if you wish also and can guarantee strict confidentiality.

Regards

Dave.

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter,

are you still referring to the dash issue.

And or the quick tune not working.

If you are still having issues with QUICK TUNE let me know and I will log in and check what is happening

If you can send me your dash configuration file I can look into it more deeply for you.

I see the dash can except 20 parameters from the ECU, it also shows the stream ID's etc, so I am not sure if these need to be programmed into the ECU CAN, I would believe so as the Racepak is not setup as a predefined selectable dash config.

If this is the case I am prepared to write the stream and help you get this thing going.

Please send your dash config file for Racepak software to [email protected]

Regards

Dave.

Edited by Dave Kriedeman