Injector setup

mldc

Hello Tuners,

I run 4 injectors on my 4 cylinder engine. I have intake manifold which can have 2 injectors per one cylinder. So my question is. Can I wire 2 injectors (for example 440cc x 2) in to one injector input?

Yes that is no problem to do.

For high impedance injectors only change needed will be to reduce the fuel master to get the mixtures correct.

If using low impedance the peak and hold currents will need to be adjusted to suit the currents required for the paired injectors.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Well sport season ended, modifications starts.

If I were using these Siemens injectors, 4x injectors for 4 cylinders. And If now, I'd like to put four more of them side by side.

So it be, 2x injector per cylinder. Siemens 3105 is low impedance and its peak and hold type.

Should I divide the currents of Peak and Hold by 2?

What do You mean to adjust currents? Adjust by what? Maybe there is some formulas or something?

Thank You, for response

Injector.bmp

If you use the Bosch EV14 injectors you will use Saturated injection mode, this does not require setting any current levels. The only thing to be careful of is exceeding the maximum current the injector drive can supply. 

Each 12.5 Ohms injector will draw 0.96 amps (at 12volts), so close to 2 amps per injector drive, this is well within what the drive can deliver.

Scott

Scott,

Could You recommend me what type of injectors to buy and maybe brand of it?

8 injectors for 4 cylinders, Cosworth YB engine, running on RON102 elf racing fuel and be capable to reach 520hp+?

Hi mldc,

There are a lot of different injectors on the market. One brand of injectors a lot of tuners seem to like is the Injector Dynamics range. One of the reasons these injectors are well regarded is that they come with detailed injector specifications that allow the ECU to work well with the injectors. In my own car I'm running some siemens deka injectors and although I've not used them much so far I'm fairly happy with them. Hopefully some of the tuners that visit the forum will share their opinions on this.

Scott

From You perspective is better to put 8 low impedance or 8 high impedance injoectors on V44P?

Question is not more about injector itself, but the ecu. Will it handle a 2 low impedance injectors on drive?

Now we run Siemens Deka 870 cc. And the peak is 2.2 Amps, hold is 0.55 amp. If I double it, peak is huge 4.4. It could burn the drive, or not? What the highest current it can hold..

Im little confused and just trying to understand the better way of improvement.

Hi mldc

The V44 is limited to 4 Amps peak. So it would not be suitable for 2 of the existing injectors in parallel if they require 2.2A.

In this case going for a High impedance injector would be the better option.