Vipec i88 - RB26 patch harness

RisQ

Hi all, just recently joined the forum.

I searched the forum but couldnt find a thread that answered my question.

Here we go,

I bought a Vipec i88 ecu off a friend and its wire in type. I would like to wire this is in to my R32 GTR but although i found the pinouts for both ecu's its kind of confusing. I dont have that much of a electronic background but dont mind giving it a go if its easy enough. Now, if there is any company in the UK, or even someone here that does patch harnesses for the R32, I would be interested. Like I said, if any of you guys already done one and is able to help me, I dont mind making my own too.

Thanks for reading and sorry if this has been asked before.

Rodi

Hi Rodi,

The PCLink help file does contain pinout and pin function data, it covers ECU inputs and outputs, and does not cover every pin on the ECU. You are probably better to consult a wiring diagram or ECU pinout document for the R32 GTR. I did a search and found this one:

https://1jzmerc.com/files/pdf/pinout-nissan-rb26dett.pdf

Compare it to your wiring to confirm it is the same. If you are unsure about any of the pins and where they go on the i88 you are welcome to ask.

Scott

Thanks for the help guys, appreciated!

Afaik the V88 and I88 doesnt have difference in the wiring right? But saying that, I've noticed on the i88 manual that the FP1-2 & FP relays are set for other pins. Which way shall i follow?

Again, thanks for the help!

Rodi

Untitled.jpg

Hi

FPC1 on the factory ECU connector is pin 104. On our plug-in ECU this is Aux Output 2.

FPC2 on the factory ECU connector is pin 106. On our plug-in ECU this is Aux Output 1.

Where is the image you posted above from? 

The ECU outputs that control the fuel pump controller switch to GND (on), so you could Inj 7 and 8 if required.

Scott.

Thanks Scott. 

I will be using the pin out that JMP sent as the R32 and R33 GTR has the same wiring. I've managed to mock up my own loom using the plug from the stock ecu. Hope nothing fails.

thanks for help guys, much appreciated!

image.thumb.jpeg.9cde1e80d79c7f1b60ab581

Cheers bud.

So where does the ECCS relay pin go on the connector pins?

The ECCS relay output powers up the ECU. Normally the nissan ECU controls the ECCS relay, but this can not happen on the Link ECU as it does not have a battery power supply. Instead use the ignition switch. The ECCS relay is activated by applying a ground to the activation coil, and the ignition switch outputs +12v, so an additional relay is needed. Here is how it could work:

ECCS_relay.thumb.jpg.10040e72fe5dcddf831

Excuse the quality of the drawing.

Scott

• 3 months later...

i made also my own patch harnas on my R32 GTST + Vipec I88 wire-in ecu.

Drive on it for 2years now.

i give ECU just power from ignition switch on 12+v, the relays you don't need, just put a fuse on power supply to ECU and your good.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

gtr1.JPG.e28aa36834d77af736d30bd82984de4

hi.. just to confirm.. if doing wiring for vipec i88 for r32 and im using external map.. do i need to wire up the AFM (gtr pin 27 and 35) to vipec? can i just leave it? also about the HICAS on r32.. is the HICas will be affected when installing vipec?

• 2 years later...