Base Map for Vq35HR

Alexia

Hello everyone,

I bought a G4 thunder a while ago and never got to install it yet because of the whole fabrication that I am doing on the car and soon it will be the time to install the ECU in!

In the mean time I would like to know if it would be possible to have a base map for the VQ35HR, the only one pertaining to the VQ35 is the DE version.
The HR has twin DBW throttle body.

Thank you in advance!

• 1 year later...
On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:41 PM, AbbeyMS said:

I dont think anyone has had a HR running on a Thunder yet, it is on my list to do , just need some time to study a wiring  loom pin out for a HR and make a Patch loom.

Latest Firmware doesnt have the HR crank/phase sensor set up yet either

In March/April 2017 I was in contact with EngineeringDave, Adamw and Simon, then provided them with all of the info on the VQ35HR such as the cam/crank tooth degreeing in both full advance and retard.

I got quite a bit of frustration mostly caused by my own faults and learning with the LinkECU and then going on other project after making it to work last April.

I actually reinstalled the engine/ecu in the past week and provided a new feedback to Adam & EngineeringDave last night into a PM.

Tonight, I will sent back to them another update which will include everything precisely noted as it is running as of now.

1 hour ago, AbbeyMS said:

Cool your the other chap. Anything I can help with? I tune a lot of VQ's

Thank you for the offer on the help about the VQs.

There isn't much that can be done other my big curiosity at comparing a couple Turbo VQ maps

I use to tune the engine with Uprev being N/A but now with the turbo setup I will not perform the actual tune but I can get close!

If you have any .pcl files that you could provide, let me know !!

On 10/16/2017 at 5:41 AM, AbbeyMS said:

I dont think anyone has had a HR running on a Thunder yet, it is on my list to do , just need some time to study a wiring  loom pin out for a HR and make a Patch loom.

Latest Firmware doesnt have the HR crank/phase sensor set up yet either

Mark, we have a few of these engines out there running now.  The trigger mode will be in the next firmware release provided we get no reports of trigger issues in the meantime from those presently testing (including Daniel above).

I dont have a base map to share but have a pretty good idea of most trigger and VVT settings to get it running.  You can email tech support when you are ready if you want a firmware with the HR trigger mode to test.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

Mark, we have a few of these engines out there running now.  The trigger mode will be in the next firmware release provided we get no reports of trigger issues in the meantime from those presently testing (including Daniel above).

I dont have a base map to share but have a pretty good idea of most trigger and VVT settings to get it running.  You can email tech support when you are ready if you want a firmware with the HR trigger mode to test.

Adam,

I have the firmware link already. I can pull stuff across from my car that runs Syvecs S8 to help with a start up.

I do have some questions regards changing a VQ motor from stock Crank trigger to 36-1 and changing the cam trigger thou which i will send an email to tech about.