Power Graph

Grant Baker

Hi

Would like the ability to produce a power graph  / torque graph from a logged run.

It can be done with a 3rd party piece of software (Virtual Dyno), so don't see why it isn't possible within PC Link?

If the correct vehicle data is entered appropriately then it should be pretty accurate...

• 1 month later...

This is a pretty complex addition which ultimately wont tell you the actual power of your car.

Virtual dyno is interesting but back to back runs in my car on the same flat piece of road on the same day in the same gear (Down meremere drag strip) provide quite different results.

As in, even the shape of the power curve looked different between runs, as well as varying by say 5-10% power. Even with the smoothing set aggressively.

Virtual dyno is very complex as it takes into account tyre size, diff/gear ratios, coefficient of drag, vehicle weight, driver weight, etc... It's a lot of things to add to PClink for what is not going to be an accurate output.

I think there's merit in keeping the integrity of the information in PClink, as in, it reports IAT and that's what IAT is.

Rather than stating that it's possible to calculate power when it's really a bit wishy washy how it does it.

I vote against also.  Gimmick value only, no practical use for anything to do with an ECU or tuning so I would prefer ecu software to remain focused on it's job.

As well as the needed inputs that Davidv listed, there are also 2 very influential effects that not usually considered in virtual dyno type softwares - those being road  inclination and wind speed. 

Edited by Adamw
clarity