Link CAN Lambda wideband sensor

Patches

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Link G4+ Atom and want to wire in a wideband sensor as an input. I've been looking at the CAN Lambda device you have recently released and was wondering how far the sensor needs to be placed from the turbo? I can't seem to find any information on your website about this.

At the moment I've got a Innovate MTX-L which has started throwing a E8 overheating error so its likely I'll need to replace and perhaps move the sensor further back but i'd probably like to get something with a CAN output instead. (I had a new center section made up and the original 1" bung has been replaced with a 1/2" bung, sensor is in a similar location/angle) 

Thanks.

One thing to confirm is if the Atom can accept a CAN input, in the software it appears to be supported but I don't see CAN mentioned on the Atom web page anywhere.

The famous innovate E8 error is because they drive the sensor in a completely different way than it was ever designed to be.  It seems to work ok for some people but the innovate system is very sensitive to heat and in my experience it seems sensitive to many other odd factors such as high exhaust gas velocities.  I haven't used the new Link CAN one yet but I expect they will follow the more traditional Bosch recommended control techniques so you should have no drama with temperature anymore.  If you really want to know you can google the Bosch "LSU 4.9 datasheet" and that specifies maximum temperature limits but normally something like 500mm from turbine exit will be fine.  From memory the max continuous temp is 930°C.  

No problems for the G4+ Atom to accept Lambda over CAN.

Scott

Thanks for the replies guys. I have went ahead and purchased the Link CAN Lambda wideband controller.

I am planning to use this as a sole CAN module. Am i right in thinking i'll need to slice into the 2 CAN wires from the ECU to connect the device and then wire a resistor at the end of CAN-H and CAN-L? or can i simply wire CAN-H and CAN-L from the ECU into the CAN Lambda?

• 1 year later...
On 23/09/2016 at 1:57 AM, Scott said:

Hi Patches,

It depends on how long the wires will be between the CAN-Lambda and the ECU, we have found that the ECUs terminating resistor is sufficient if the wire length is 1.5m or less. 

Scott

Thanks for the advice, just wanted to confirm this worked perfectly. My cable length was just under 1.5m

Sorry to dig up and old thread