subaru ej20 reluctor wheels

wildwestaussie1

Hi,i'm setting up a G4 on a 2002 subru imprezza at the moment.

having trigger set up issues,the engine is an 1998 STI in a 2002 imprezza WRX,we changed the cam reluctor wheel to the 7-10 27 tooth type and it ran on the stock computer(not real well,aftermarket 550cc injectors were a problem).running the 4 coil pack COP ign system.

installed link,set up but having major issues with the trigger settings,set on subaru 7-10,has correct wheel for that year/model but the problem is it shows excessive engine revs (ie setting off rev limiter just above idle,engine has only idled and it shows in the log 14,000 rpm LOL.

can't find the trigger parameters set up menu anywhere,anyone got any ideas?

The help file in the software is context sensitive.  If you are interested in trigger help, simply click on one of the trigger setttings and press F1 and it will take you directly to that setting in the help file.

As far as the triggers go,  you mentioned that you changed the cam wheel but did you also change the crank?  Also, the 1998 Japanese STI engine is a version 7-9 and would not have needed the cam gear change.

sorry original post had a typo,it should have said i changed crank reluctor wheel to 2002   V7-10 type 27 tooth,i already compared cam gears and found them to be identical so they were not changed,so brads assessment of this seems correct.

the main issue seems not to be able to get to the "trigger paameters" menu,none of the menus which have "trigger" in them have anything that looks like whats in the help menu.

yes subaru wrx V7-10 selected,sensor type reluctor selected with level 2 filtering with level 3 tried but made no difference.

they are a matching set of cam and crank reluctors

i did see someone with an identical issue on the north american forum who had a cam sensor polarity issue but the scope did not seem to show a spike going the wrong way

have seen the vipecs run these cars with no problems

other than one inexplicable shut down into safe mode

The help file in the software is context sensitive.  If you are interested in trigger help, simply click on one of the trigger setttings and press F1 and it will take you directly to that setting in the help file.

As far as the triggers go,  you mentioned that you changed the cam wheel but did you also change the crank?  Also, the 1998 Japanese STI engine is a version 7-9 and would not have needed the cam gear change.

right on brad,the original post had a typo it should have said i changed crank reluctor wheel not cam because i found the cam gears to be identical

i just cannot find the "trigger parameters" menu or table that looks like the one in the help menu,triggers i have selected are ej20 V7-10,reluctor sensor level 2 filtering

tried following menu path shown in help but the ones shown in help menu do do seem to exist on this ecu

still no luck with trigger settings,can't find "trigger settings" that look like the ones in help menu nor "trigger settings" which seems to be the main problem.

it pisses me off Apexi did'nt make a power FC for these model subarus,cos if they had i would have finished this car a week ago,link seems to fail to grasp what "plugin" actually means and i thought a haltech sport 2000 was difficult to set up but it's a bloody breeze compared to a G4+.

i have to set filters to 3 or 4 to get any sensible rpm figures from the g4,and even then it generates huge trigger 1 sensor errors numbers when the engine tries to start,crank sensor seems to be 180 degrees out,cam sensor polarity had to be changed to get it to even try and start reliably,and reluctor voltage seems to be reading very low most of the time,and i can't see both of them being faulty,resistances were checked before installation.

scope pics included,can anyone make sense of them?.

and now links shit website does'nt want to upload my screen shots as i also had trouble logging in for a whole day,gotta say i'm becoming more pissed off and frustrated by all this

then website uploaded them to gallery and promptly lost them

seems to be the same problem as the BMW with the random rpm spikes further down this forum,will try that solution tomorrow.it worked on the cam sensor so hopefully will work on the crank sensor,post says G4+ not happy about cam syncing with gap instead of tooth on crank reluctor wheel

and no after hours assistance from link really sux,the guy wanted his car back for the weekend'link knew we had issues on friday and seem more worried about chasing a few sheep around rather than assit a customer with a problem

car ran on stock computer,doe'nt run with the link no matter what the trigger settings