2jzge distributor link atom setup

David

is cal file tune file? will post that when i get home, that dude who wired it up had a werid setup and coil and this black box got real hot but had good spark... didnt seem very safe, do i need single channel ignitor to coil then to dizzy? is there a way 2 test trig outputs without a oliscope

cheers david

do i need single channel ignitor to coil then to dizzy?

Yes you definitely need an ignitor, can you confirm you have one?

is there a way 2 test trig outputs without a oliscope

There is a trigger scope built-in in PClink.  If you have spark at the coil though that would suggest the ecu is seeing at least some of the trigger.  Another quick check is to watch RPM in PClink when cranking, if it reads around 150-200RPM during cranking the trigger is probably ok.

The fact that you have spark going into the distributor and nothing coming out would suggest you have a rotor phasing problem. (i.e spark going into the distributor when the rotor is not pointing at a post)  Provided the engine has run before and the distributor hasnt been moved then it is probably the trigger offset that is wrong rather than the distributor position.  You could try adding increments of something like 20degs to the trigger offset until you get a spark coming out of a plug lead, once you have a spark coming out of a plug lead you can then put a timing light on it and set the trigger offset properly.

im gonna say no  Igntion 1 >Black box> coil > dizzy is how i first seen seen, got rid of the box seemed dangerous was gettin hot, 2jzge distributor parts dont seem to easy to find here, been thinking about goin 2 wasted spark.

There is a trigger scope built-in in PClink.  If you have spark at the coil though that would suggest the ecu is seeing at least some of the trigger.  Another quick check is to watch RPM in PClink when cranking, if it reads around 150-200RPM during cranking the trigger is probably ok.

Adamw, I'm sure you just overlooked it, but OP has this going on with an Atom.  They don't have the on board trigger scope function.

David, could you post a picture of this black box?  It sounds like an ignitor to me.  If it is an ignitor, it will generate some heat.  They usually have a Heat sink side and that does need to be mounted to a flat surface for it to transfer heat and not damage itself.

must be gets way to hot for my liking, my mate who owns the truck is pretty keen to convert to wasted spark as dizzy parts are expensive and rare here.. could i use a rb igniter with vn coils or best 2 get a properly 3 channel igniter

If those coils are individual per cylinder, you can run the 6 cylinder ignitor and just have each of the 3 ignition channels split to 2 channels on the ignitor.

if the coils are double ended coils(each coil has 2 plug wires coming off) then you can still use the 6 cylinder ignitor, you will just only use 3 of the channels instead of all 6.

Yes, notice they dont have any direct input connections on them?  The input terminals come up from the base plate underneath that they bolt to.  I dont know how they would use them on an RB - maybe there is some aftermarket base plate you can get for them without the electronics in it?

A brief search suggests you can actually modify the OEM DIS base plate to bypass the internal electronics but it looks like a pretty crude modification to me: https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/customer/gm-dis/