ross trigger kit rb26

chuckle2012

Hi I have installed a ross metal jacket and there trigger kit, I need help with settings amd timing on my link g4, as its a new install i need to be able to get the engine started to sort out any leaks and bleed the water system,any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

I'm guessing this is what you have?

http://www.rawbrokerage.com/ross-tuffbond-metal-jacket-cam-crank-trigger-kit-nissan-r33-r34-rb26/

Trying to decipher what they say I believe there are two hall sensors, the one on the crank sees 12 teeth, and the one on the cam sees 1 tooth. If this is correct, then the setup would be something like this:

Trigger_setup.thumb.PNG.afe9af2bb3dcd2ab

The page does not give sufficient information to know what to put for the settings I have drawn a red dot next to. You will either need better information, or to do some testing to workout what they should be. Try them as I have set them if you don't have any better information.

Regardless you will need to to set/check the base timing with a timing light.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Iecku, I just thought I would mention a little bit of info that many people miss.  These kits appear to use the Honeywell 1GT101 sensor, these sensors are much slower on the rising edge than the falling edge.  The datasheet quotes a 15µs rise time Vs 1µs for fall time.  So for at least trigger 1 (that controls the timing) it would be more correct to set the trigger edge to falling. Even though 15µs is only like 0.9 deg at 10000RPM, if you can get extra accuracy just by a simple setting change - then you might as well use it...

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

I am currently setting up a LINK G4+ plugin for my 32gtr and am running the above ross trigger kit for both crank and cam (but with a 36 - 2 tooth wheel). I understand how to set it up in the software but am struggling with the wiring. Currently I have the hall effects GT101's - may change to a reluctor on the crank... but that's not the question

When I look up the Nissan pin outs on the rb26 connector I get:

Pin 41 Crank Position Sensor 120

Pin 42 Crank Position Sensor 1

Pin 51 Crank Sensor 120

Pin 52 Crank Sensor 1

Question is which Pin should I be wiring the trigger signal for each GT101 I have?

I have the XS expansion Looms that have sensor grounds so that's taken care of. But no 8 Volts out on the XS loom so that's the next problem - where do I power the sensors from?

Hope that makes sense

Many Thanks,

Dave H

Pin 42 or 52 for the 36-2 input

Pin 41 or 51 for the cam signal.

The GT101 will accept a wide range of supply voltage so can be powered off the 12V from the original CAS.

I would certainly change the crank sensor to something that is not a GT101. 

I would certainly change the crank sensor to something that is not a GT101. 

I have mentioned this previously on the forum but just in case you missed it:  Cherry or ZF GS101201 & 101202 are a direct drop in replacement for the GT101 sensor, in my experience they work well with missing tooth trigger wheels.

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam,

2 questions for you:
I bought the ZF GS101201 and on it's packet it says - "Current must be limited to 25mA by External Resistor" - (see photo) Is this already built into the standard GTR loom our I need to be doing this? If so what resistor do I need

Second question, see pics of my cam trigger wheel - would this work with Cam Pulse 1x or will the cherry pick up the hole as well?

Cheers,

Dave

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

On second thoughts - the hole is there purely as a counter balance - so the sensor should just see the one gap and therefore work correctly set on Cam Pulse 1x

You will not need any extra resistor.  

I'm not convinced about your balance hole however, these sensors are quite sensitive and can "see" metal (or missing metal) over quite a large distance.  Can you post a photo of how the sensor points at that trigger wheel.