Additional boost trim tables

iecku.tavea racing

• 2 months later...

If I am not already a "+1" for this in another thread you should also consider me another interested person. Interested in 4D and overlay.

Hi CamB, we have this feature request all lumped together with your 4D/5D/overlay traction control request since they will be similar to implement.  So yes your +1 is already counted...  

• 3 months later...

Just checked some more loggs from a hill climb car I tuned last year. We really need additional boost tables. Car makes too less boost on higher altitudes (lower BAP). Wastegate table is spanned target boost vs rpm, means I need another table to increase feed forwarding base wg duty cycle. The closed loop boost system can't act fast enough.

Hope 4D/5D strateggy is implemented with next update. 

Edited by mapper

I agree it would be nice but I think boost control is unlikely to see any further improvements in the G4+

Depending on how many tables you are using now there may be other workarounds.  You could set up 2 boost tables in "interpolate between" mode.  One will be the high altitude table and the other the low altitude table, you then have a blend table that you could span with BAP.

Another option would be to have 3 DC tables set up for high/med/low altitude and use a virtual aux to switch between them.  The virtual aux could reference BAP or EMAP or some other relevant parameter.

It is this kind of this which is REALLY frustrating. "Unlikely to see any future improvements in the G4+ platform"

The G4+ Thunder I have is barely 18 months old and you guys are already moving on? I have been bug fixing for my entire ownership and feel this is a complete jip.

I would like a serious and honest comment on this as if this is the case mine is being sold and I will move to another platform that has some life expectancy.

If you read my comment again and keep it in context you will note I said "Boost control is unlikely to see any future improvements in the G4+ platform".  We are still working on many improvements and bug fixes etc in the G4+ but from what I understand to make any significant improvement to the present boost control strategy it will need a total re-write which was deemed not viable.  

Hi Llewellyn

Development will continue on the G4+ for some time to come. But to keep improving in an electronic environment there will always be a point at which the platform has to be updated.

The G4+ range is coming up on 4 years old now and I expect us to continue with it for some time to come (years not months)

So don't panic the support is still there.

• 3 months later...

+1 on this

Hi, I'm finding that using a Rotary switch to have multiple boost targets hampers my creativity on the tables as inherently 2 out of 4 axis go byebye and Engine speed is kinda necessary so that makes it just 1 axis free to play with, and when you have flex fuel that rules out using the 2nd set of maps

The thing I had in mind is that using a Compressor speed sensor to control conditions like surge or transient response should really use a WGDC modification as a first port of call before a GP limiter

Also related, Why can't you select Turbo RPM on DI channels 11-16 with the higher 6.5kHz like the manual suggests but the software dropdown box does not?

Cheers

Mike

• 1 month later...
On 2017-09-05 at 9:14 AM, mikegt4dude said:

+1 on this

Hi, I'm finding that using a Rotary switch to have multiple boost targets hampers my creativity on the tables as inherently 2 out of 4 axis go byebye and Engine speed is kinda necessary so that makes it just 1 axis free to play with, and when you have flex fuel that rules out using the 2nd set of maps

The thing I had in mind is that using a Compressor speed sensor to control conditions like surge or transient response should really use a WGDC modification as a first port of call before a GP limiter

Also related, Why can't you select Turbo RPM on DI channels 11-16 with the higher 6.5kHz like the manual suggests but the software dropdown box does not?

Cheers

Mike

+1 on this. 

• 2 months later...