Fuel map controller

Ken Dunkley

Hi - Is there a way a small hand held controller could be wired permanently to adjust fuel numbers on the fly . Id imagine the controller to have - Connect online . Arrow keys to raise or lower fuel numbers in any cell that you happen to be on .A save key .And a disconnect offline key .  Or is there any way i can make this work . I was driving the other day and if this was available it would  have made fuel adjustments so easy . Thanks - Ken 

They used to call these a "knobs box", most ecu brands used to offer them but they went out of fashion about 20 years ago.   I do still find doing injector timing or ignition timing with them a little easier since you can do big changes quickly but for fuel mapping you just need to learn your hot keys...  Space bar jumps to the active cell.  Q to increase, A to decrease.  If you have a lambda connected then use quick tune manual mode and hit F10 - job done.

For those that dont know what I'm on about:

91204cad.jpg

Hey Adam - Yip did sort those keys out on the laptop and the misses is getting pretty good at sorting the tuning while i drive - But yeah i was thinking something like that - that i could alter as i was driving would be great . But with digital arrow keys that made small changes as you tapped the keys up or down . If i managed to find /build such a box could it be set up to work with a link G4+ ?

No way really to use this type of interface with our present ecu's.  You can wire a global fuel trim pot to an analog input but you are not going to be able to apply that trim to a specific cell or save/store etc.  Have you tried tuning via the mixture map function?