Antilag for V88

Dan3800

Hi all, first time here.

Have a 3800 V6 twin turbo car. Runs good. Been 8.81@158 so far.

Wanting to setup the antilag to use with transbrake/bump box etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction for basic settings with the antilag? 

Cheers

Dan.

Hi Dan,

Turbo drag racers normally use "launch control" rather than antilag.  Some refer to it as "two step".

Usually it is activated either by a clutch pedal switch or the transbrake button.  When sitting on the line with the transbrake on or clutch down the launch strategy is activated.  The launch strategy will normally consist of a lower than normal rev limiter (usually ignition cut), with the remaining sparks retarded and sometimes a little extra fuel added.  The limiter and retard combined increase exhaust energy and create boost.

Some basic settings:

9YraPQ8.png

Leave fuel trim off to start with, it is normally not needed.  Only add fuel if you cant get enough boost with reasonable retard levels.

There are many different ways to do your retard table but probably something like below is the most common:

0YfAmsM.png

Cheers for the reply!

Yeh a lot of odd terminology gets thrown around and you found me what I was looking for. I was thinking antilag just because I thought it was a boost builder. Anyways, ill definitely put this to good use.

Cheers for your help.

Dan

• 3 months later...

Hi AdamW,

Wonder if you can help? I have set up the car the way it says in the above table. It works, only issue is its always working. Like I didnt even wire it up off the transbrake. Its on all the time. Is it to do with the pullup resistor or active edge settings in the table?

Cheers in advance

Dan.

two step.png

Well at the moment nothing is connected to the ECU. The transbrake works independantly, 12 through the button on the shifter to the solinoid and then soilinoid to ground. 

It was weird, I set up the table above and hadnt done the wiring yet and it was on. Id expected to have to connect a DIG input for it to work.

Eairlier you said that active edge should be changed to falling, is that because you thought it was going to be triggered with a NEG?

So rising is for a POS trigger? Sorry for all the questions. This stuff always confuses me lol.. 

I said set it to falling earlier because at that time you had nothing connected to the DI and you wanted it to be turned off.

When your switch is turned "off" the DI will be at 0V, we call this "low", when you turn the switch/button "on" the DI will see 12V, this is called "high".  So, we set active edge to "rising" because we want the launch to turn on when our DI "rises" from low voltage to high voltage.

Edited by Adamw