Wiring a AEM Wideband into a G4 link

devan1811

Hi, I have a G4 link (64 pin) for a S14 SR20DET and I have just bought a AEM x-series wideband kit.

I want to get this fitted ready for mapping so that the tuners haven't got to do it themselves so I am after abit of help.

Here are both diagrams for the G4 & the Wideband, it may seem pretty easy to work out but I am not the best when it comes to this side of it....wiring.

I have attached both sheets from the wideband & the link.

the power for the Wideband is on a switched 12V which is done, and ground I have put on the chassis but it says (power ground)?

I am pretty sure I don't need the green/black or white/black, but do I need to use the blue wire?

and which port would the white & brown go to on the G4?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

LINK 1.jpg

LINK 2.jpg

AEM white wire to Link Volt 6.

AEM brown to Link Gnd.

AEM red and black to a decent power supply that is live at key on like the fuse box or fuel pump relay etc.

Thanks for the help mate,

so with the black not to earth it to the body but a negative on the fuse box is that correct?

Thanks for the help mate,

so with the black not to earth it to the body but a negative on the fuse box is that correct?

I wouldnt expect the Black wire is particularly critical, just choose somewhere that is clean and capable of carrying the required 5amps or so.  Body should be ok provided it is direct to the body and not just screwed to some unknown panel under the dash etc.

hi Adam, thanks for the help I have now sorted that.

I was also meant to ask you about the Link intake air temp sensor and also a MAC 3 port boost solenoid, what is the best way to wire these in? I presume the MAC solenoid wires into the original boost controller wiring is that correct?