JSON/XML Representation of .pclr

Oriphinz

Hi guys, 

I am working on setting up my first turbo car build, working in the software industry has given me a passion for understanding every component and how it work when approaching my build. I am running through several courses through HP Academy and have been doing my own maintenance and modifications on my cars for ~ 10 years. I am hoping to try and tune this car myself once the turbo + fuel modifications are complete (13b+BW EFR build).

Something i would love to do is store the ECU config in a version control git repository so i can track what changes i have made and log their effects, to do this effectively i would need to be able to save the ECU config in a human readable format, something like JSON or XML. Is this something you would consider adding support for? i would be willing to add this support if you were willing to share the PCLink source code but i understand why you might not want to do this :) 

Thanks!!

Troy

Edit: attached is a pic of the car B)

18252725_1890496231231208_1412500531884064768_n.jpg

Edited by Oriphinz

Hi Troy, cool stuff, you should chuck up a post in the project cars section.

Tracking changes within PCLink is on my list of future features, I geeked out about that idea a few months ago.

And I can't give you source code sorry.

I've added your name to the track changes feature request too.

Cheers

on the subject of code and pclink, are there any plans to port pclink with the desktop bridge to the windows store?  Seems straightforward enough and it would allow people to use PClink on all the new/cheap devices about to be released with windows 10S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Troy, cool stuff, you should chuck up a post in the project cars section.

Tracking changes within PCLink is on my list of future features, I geeked out about that idea a few months ago.

And I can't give you source code sorry.

I've added your name to the track changes feature request too.

Cheers

Thanks Dave, ill throw a post in the project cars section. 

Tracking changes would a great feature for novice tuners like myself who have have bad memories! Totally understand why the source cannot be shared, thought it couldnt hurt to ask though :)

Great thanks for adding me, if there is anything i can do to help let me know. 

on the subject of code and pclink, are there any plans to port pclink with the desktop bridge to the windows store?  Seems straightforward enough and it would allow people to use PClink on all the new/cheap devices about to be released with windows 10S

Not at this stage, I have my hands full with PCLink as it is.

Considering you can pick up a Windows 10 Pro/Home tablet for $350-$400 a Windows 10S tablet will have to be pretty darn cheap.

I'll take a look into it and talk to the boss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, krohelm said:

This would be great - also, can we get a JSON log file output?  This would let me load all my log files into ElasticSearch and detect anomalies automatically!

krohelm that would be awesome! 

• 1 month later...