E30 rev counter..

devan1811

Hi,

so I have a E30 bmw with a Nissan SR20 (76pin ecu) and I am trying to get my standard rev counter to work in the E30, I know the S14 ECU tacho signal wire uses 5V and the BMW needs 12V, so I have my myself a board that allows be to boost the 5V to 12V, but, still no joy.

Is there any way of getting this to work through the G4 setup or anyone know of a way to get this working correctly?

Many thanks

The tacho signal from all Link Ecus is already 12v. Where did the e30 signal originally come from - off the coil or from the ecu?

From the main C101 plug (loom) I found the correct pin from that and then had a read online and found that the standard SR20 ecu uses a 5V signal, but if your saying that the LINK G4 uses a 12v then I don't need the booster pack that I made.

Im going to follow the wire direct to the tacho with a multimeter and make sure im getting 12v from there, I know I have 12v from the engine bay harness and from the Nissan cable now just nothing making the needle move at the moment.

From the main C101 plug (loom) I found the correct pin from that and then had a read online and found that the standard SR20 ecu uses a 5V signal, but if your saying that the LINK G4 uses a 12v then I don't need the booster pack that I made.

Im going to follow the wire direct to the tacho with a multimeter and make sure im getting 12v from there, I know I have 12v from the engine bay harness and from the Nissan cable now just nothing making the needle move at the moment.

That didnt really answer my question properly.  What I wanted to know is: was the tacho originally connected direct to the ignition coil or did it get its signal from the BMW ECU?

Having abit of a play around it turns out it's just the feed from the ecu to the feed on the BMW like you said adam, I thought I had to boost the signal bu that was from a standard ECU so using the link the output is 12v like you said.

thanks for the help and support