All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Open PClink, connect to ECU (F3 or ECU Controls -> Connect or click on the red box in the top right that says Offline), File -> Save as... If you want to play in PCLink without connecting an ECU you can just do File -> Open and select any of the sample tunes that come with PCLink or any that you have downloaded. Assuming the Solo and the Power tune dash are setup to the same CAN Bus Speed (e.g.500kbit/s, 1Mbit/s, etc) and only one of them has a terminating resistor on their CAN bus wiring then they can be wired together and to the ECU. (ECU will also need to be set to the matching bus rate but that is easy to configure, not all devices support different rates). CAN High to CAN High and CAN Low to CAN Low, 120ohm terminating resistor at each end of the bus (ECU has one built in) and no more than 15cm of branching off from the bus. There are pictures and explanations on CAN wiring in the PCLink help manual. You will need to configure the Link with the CAN messages you want it to send and receive. You will need to refer to any documentation you have on the powertune and Solo to find this information. Form memory there is some information on how to talk to a powertune dash in the PCLink help manual.
  3. This is because when you change it to direct ignition it will automatically allocate the extra 2 ignition drives which will overwrite anything else using them. After you have set it to direct spark you need to turn on ignition reallocation, set the values in the table to match your planned wiring and then set the ECU hold power and whatever you have on ign 3 up to what they were again.
  4. That's ok, at least I know it's possible. I finish tuning the car earlier today and the stock setup so maybe next time. Thanks again. One more thing, I notice when I change it to direct ignition, the ecu hold power was turn off and i got an error message.
  5. Hello, How do you all like to mount your ECU? What options do you want to have? Please answer the attached poll. Feel free to add pictures of your installation (Doesn't have to be a Link ECU, but bonus points if it is) Thanks!
  6. All mechanical regulators have what is known as a pressure gradient or regulation slope. Pressure varies with flow and the pressure control is never perfectly 1:1 with the boost reference. The slope is typically around 0.25kPa/LPH but some are much worse than others. I think your last pic with the pressure dropping 60Kpa is more than just the regulation slope though, it looks more like a supply restriction or lack of pump.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Hi all, appreciate some guidance on a couple of issues. 1. Download map from G4x. What is the procedure for downloading the current operating map in my G4x? I tried it a few weeks ago, and couldn't find anything on my computer when I opened the software. At this point all I want to do is familiarise myself with the software, and how my unit is programmed, not planning to tune. 2. I have a Solo2DL set up for serial connection to the previous ECU. I have a Powertune dash connected by CAN to the G4x. My Powertune dash will be used to display gauge-based data (temperatures/pressures etc), but I want my Solo to continue to act as lap timer/data logger, and use the RS3 software for analysis. The Solo can operate on serial and CAN connections, so my two questions are: can the Solo be plugged into the currently functioning Link<->Powertune canbus connection (I am assuming the answer to this will be 'yes'), and so how to do this - is it as simple as identifying the two canbus wires, and splicing into them? Is the connection parallel (high to high, low to low), or serial (ie create a single loop)? Assuming a successful connection, can I expect the Link interrogate the new device and recognise it, and provide the requested data, or should I expect to make some introductions between the two to enable the connection to transfer the data to the Solo? Although I have had programmable ecus for a couple of decades, I have treated them as black boxes and left the tuning to the wizards, so my familiarity with their workings is low - please keep your answers at 'village idiot' level Thanks in advance! Ed If it helps, car is Mazda MX5 msm, Link is G4xpnp.
  9. Adamw

G4 Plus mapping

Sorry Im not sure exactly what problem Im trying to fix as there are several issues discussed above. But the main issues I see in your G4+ map is the fuel and ignition table Y axis have TPS Delta on them instead of "TP (Main)" so these both need to be changed. TPS either appears like it may not be working or calibrated wrong? It was showing 100% when you saved that map. Confirm TPS does show 0-100% as you move the throttle. There are a couple of small differences in the injector setup - G4+ is using 310kPa, G4X is using 300kPa rated pressure, the deadtime is a bit different at 14V. The calibration table for the lambda controller is set up incorrectly, it is using pressure units. Typically the linear Cal 4/5/6 would be used for lambda.
  10. Ah yes, sorry for the bad info. Im so used to not having that reallocation functionality in our older software and have never needed it so forget it is even there.
  11. golf-2

G4 blue storm

hello, please simple question , using an old blue G4 storm ecu i will use it to run V8 engine as wasted spark COP ,firing order 1 5 4 8 6 3 7 2 so i wire IGN 1 to cyl 1 & 6 , IGN 2 to cyl 2 & 8 , IGN 3 to cyl 3 & 5 , IGN 4 to cyl 4 & 7 is that right? thanx
  12. Yes you can use a Volt input with external pull-up. 1K to 5V would be my suggestion.
  13. Spew. I thought there was 4 like my Xtreme and the manual had to be typo. It's all wired up and terminated. I planned to just figure out which was the double up once it was wired and I could see the values. Can I use a spare AN for IAT with a wired in pull-up resistor? Or does the ECU only look for IAT on the Temps? B136-1 (2 slots up) is a spare AN for me and I can just shift the pin.
  14. I've attached the tune that I have for the G4+, Is it possible for you to review and direct me in the right direction to get it operational? carl new map 06042024 base map injector mode changed.pclr
  15. car 101 modified lambda brett reloaded.pclx Have attached the tune
  16. With G4X ECUs on the latest firmware (comes with the G5 PCLink install) you can reallocate which ignition and injection drive is used for what so if you can use any of the Ign 5-8 pins on the expansion header as your additional ignition outputs as long as you reallocate them correctly in the Ignition Reallocation table. Example below uses Ignition 1 output for cyl 1 coil, Ignition 2 output for cylinder 2 coil, ignition 5 output for cyl 3 coil and ignition 6 output for cyl 4 coil.
  17. It will most likely be to do with the speed lockout on your idle control. when rolling in neutral above the speed lockout the Idle position will be based on the base position table and offsets but when you stop rolling and drop below the idle speed lockout the closed loop idle will kick in and reduce the idle position to bring the engine speed down. Take a PC Log of it revving high while rolling in neutral and then coming back under control when stopping and attach it and a copy of your tune here.
  18. Well yes, that was a theory a couple of days ago but now seeing that fuel pressure drops without any boost reference attached makes me think again. I need to think it all over. Been a long day juggling work, family and car bits!
  19. All this seems to be leading to the manifold pressure reference going to the FPR is not really manifold pressure (i.e. it's restricted, leaking under boost, or similar). Or the Fuel Pressure Regulator isn't plumbed correctly, or has a leak itself.
  20. Spent some time today changing out the last two fuel hoses to the hat from the hard lines under the car and then putting the the cam belt cover on. This has cleaned up the RPM a fair bit. These logs are with no filtering applied. The CAS definitely likes those rubber gaskets for vibration it seems! I thought I'd do a test with boost reference removed from FPR and set to 400 kpa. Still dips by nearly 60 kpa. With no reference shouldn't the FPR keep the same pressure it's set to? This is it set back to normal 300kpa and boost reference back on. [url=https://ibb.co/80HsSK0][img]https://i.ibb.co/xDNLRCD/image.png[/img][/url]
  21. Hi, I've done a search but can't find anything similar and hoping someone can help. I have an R32 GTR with Link G4X. When coasting to a set of lights in neutral, the car will rev to 1500-2000 but as soon as I stop moving, it idles properly at just under 1k. The car was set up by a mechanic in Aberdeen, who now says he hasn't got time to look at it. Has anybody come across this previously? I'm fairly sure it's a setting in the ECU causing it. Someone suggested maybe the car thinks it's an auto, and so is revving as it slows. Is that plausible? Really appreciate any guidance anybody could offer.
  22. Im not sure if this is your only problem but it appears there is something wrong with your MAP sensor or its plumbing - it takes nearly 3 seconds after the engine stops to return to atmospheric pressure. Prior to that it looked like it was giving normalish response. Perhaps a kink in the hose or its full of oil or delaminating?
  23. There is no temp 4 on that ecu. The manual is correct, temp 3 is available on both the header and expansion.
  24. Adamw

logging issue

You have it set to log only above 2000RPM, so in your top pic the logging is starting and stopping constantly as the RPM is constantly bouncing above and below 2000RPM. It appears you changed that setting for the 2nd picture as it starts logging from about 1200RPM in that one.
  25. Adamw

G4 Plus mapping

Would need to see the log and the tune. Does injector PW vary when the lambda varies? Is fuel pressure stable? Perhaps over-run fuel cut or another trim is active...
  1. Load more activity