All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. borr

Evo9 random rpm limit

Hi AdamW Thanks for promptly reply We have other Evo in our shop. Lets call it Wht Evo. Its equipped with PRP coils Scope is very nice, and car runs good. We put coil assy from that car to our car with rpm limit problems, and scope absolutely same (weird) Originally we use Spoolinup evo coils on problems car. Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bYFdZgd4ocBrPGx28
  3. Hi guys! I have a G4X Plug-in ECU (HC92X). I was using an almanzar cam trigger kit and it failed due to engine bay temps, switched to T1 Cam Trigger, same case. Now I've been thinking of switching back to a distributor type Trigger system but still retain my COPs. My problem here is this: I've bought a very beautiful wiring harness and my hall effect sensors were pinned as shown by the image. Pin B11 and B15 are merged into D22 How would you guys approach this by going back to a distributor and not mess up the wiring harness too much. Thanks!
  4. Hi, Many thanks for you help. But I already contact them, the man who gave me the ECU do not have the bills/receipt when he bought the ECU on 2019. So we can not have the unlock code. Can you help me on this ?
  5. Thank you! Will convert my PSI signals to kPa and test
  6. An R34 GTT likely doesn't have ODB / ODBII at all - probably a Nissan "Consult" port that utilizes Nissan's own diagnostic protocol. The Consult data would only be available using the factory ECU, or an extension of that - a Nistune for example. To use a GTTLink and RealDash, you'd need a MeatPi WiCAN-USB, that would need to be wired into one of the Link GTT CAN ports - then connect from the the smart phone/tablet (running RealDash) via WiFi to the MeatPi. You could use a CANPCB (SKU 101-0022), but you'd be chopping off the Deutsch connector end, to screw the wires into the MeatPi. The developer has finally added RealDash USB Protocol connection information to the GitHub readme now, along with more clarity around connection methods, after one of the members asked for further clarification on the Discord Server.
  7. Your tune shows OBD being off on both CAN buses, you need to go into the CAN Setup window, "Select ISO 15765 on CAN 2", select CAN 2 in the CAN module box, set the bit rate, click Ok, then press F4 to store the change to the ECU.
  8. I just set mine up today, when you are selecting the ECU, select Link 500k, that way the gauge will work with 500kb/s bit rate. I used the iPhone app to set it up I do have an issue with my CAN setup, however, maybe someone can chime in. I have two AEM X-series o2 sensors, wired into CAN. The ECU only reads Lambda 1, does not get anything for Lambda 2. I have both Lambda 1 and 2 set to Link CAN. Both sensors are set up exactly the same in CAN Setup, ID for the first one is 384 and 385 for the second one. I have Steam 1 set to Lambda 1 and Steam 2 set to Lambda 2. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...
  9. Had some R35 coil issues, but fired first time after that. Cheers again.
  10. Hey Vaughn, the wifey got a flat tonight I'll have to get with you tomorrow if you're available.
  11. Attached. Yeah I tried 500k and 250k bitrates. Same results 18Apr2024-RMB.pclx
  12. Ok guys, I managed to make some good changes to my idle issues but I’m still struggling to find the sweet spot., would anyone be able to view my log files and provide some feedback on what areas I need to focus on to fine tune the idle control. When viewing the file, I made some changes on the fly to improve the idle. the last part of the log shows the rev hang with idle condition stating active. If I force the engine to almost stall idle control will engage would this be driven from the map lock out settings or rpm lock out? Could there be something else within my tune that is driving the rev hang? Thanks in advance https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xwxQa122D7Aca7QGivojmc0q2JUG_j6b?usp=sharing
  13. Yesterday
  14. Ok, thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated.
  15. If pin 27 is at 12V when pin 56 is at 12V then that would indicate the FET is fried/damaged. It is pretty unusual since they have several protections and a huge current rating so it usually needs a pretty significant event to damage one - like the battery connected backwards or something. It's not impossible that it just failed on its own but it was at least working when it when through its production testing after several hours of burn-in testing. Anyhow, start by contacting [email protected] to get it back for inspection. The service team can usually determine the cause, if it doesnt appear to be related to a wiring issue then it will likely be a warranty repair. If there is strong evidence that it was caused by a wiring issue then they will let you know if there is going to be a repair cost.
  16. Thanks for the explanation, I double checked, pin 27 is 12V with ignition on and off. Confirmed at the relay and back probing the ECU connector.
  17. Adamw

Evo9 random rpm limit

My suspicion is more around ignition noise than an issue with the trigger as it is just coming on to full load around that RPM. Im assume if you lower boost it will rev cleanly to the RPM limit? Wasted spark ignition generates a lot of noise so all noise reduction considerations need to be well covered for wasted spark ignition at high boost. Does it have resistor spark plugs fitted? Are the HT leads OEM or a good quality performance brand and in good/new condition? What sparkplug gap is it running?
  18. Dang it, haha. I'll go the Android route, thank you for your help!
  19. I've only used the Android app not the apple one sorry, your CAN Bus 2 is being used for the vehicle CAN bus so best course of action is probably to borrow an android phone if the apple version of the app doesn't support the 500kbit/s Link mode.
  20. Hi Vaughan, I have AEM EGT and AEM Oil pressure on the CAN bus. They both run at 500kb/s. I did some searching and it looks like that option for the bitrate is only present on the Android app? I'm not seeing it on the Apple app. Now both of the AEM gauge inputs are working as well as the CAN Lambda. If I can't get the bit rate changed on the gauge, I may have to pull the ECU out and connect to CAN 2. Thank you, Zach
  21. What devices are on your CAN bus and what bit rate are they each set to talk at? Everything on the bus must run at the same bit rate, the CAN gauge can be set to be 500kbit/s or 1mBit/s when selecting the mode in the mobile app for it, the Link CAN Lambda bit rate can be set in the CAN Devices tab of the CAN Setup window.
  22. borr

Evo9 random rpm limit

Hi Guys Evo8 usdm converted to Evo9 Strong internals, good fuel, big turbo Trigger errors during rpm limit, on just warmup'ed engine everything fine Later 8500 limit goes down to 7k, later 6500 Crank trigger wheel looks like new, we put new wire from crank sensor to ecu. Try different ecu (also Link G4x) same Mivec have "noise" 0-7 degree when target is 0, means always 0-7 cam degree on Idle and high RPM Red Evo 9 6.5 rpm limit error latest.llgx red Evo Trigger Scope Latest - 2024-04-22 7_53_33 pm.llgx Red Evo 9 98Oct 620HP 5.pclx
  23. G4+ is a bit more awkward than G4X as G4X has CAN based PWM outputs. For G4+ I would say use the fuel pump function and send the fp dc over CAN to the PDU and then use a virtual aux with a gp output that controls which pump is being used so the PDU gets an effort % and a this pump or that pump message over CAN. In terms of determining a failing fuel pump you'll want to have it latch onto the backup pump on failure of the primary which can be done by feeding a gp output's own state back into itself and you might also want to look into detecting a failing pump by watching how much current it draws through the PDU. If you have a manifold pressure referenced fuel reg then you'll want to look at differential fuel pressure not fuel pressure for your failing pressure. As a side note do the pumps need to be PWM'd?
  24. I ended up buying gt 101 style sensors, worked great for me with oem abs rings
  25. Hi Kris, I got CAN Lambda to work again by changing the bit rate to 500 kb/s, if I change to 1 Mbit/s for the gauge, it stops working. It also stops working if I plug in any of my other can devices. Thank you, Zach
  26. Hi Kris, I unplugged the two non-link can devices and the gauge was still not working until I unplugged the CAN Lambda as well, then it started working. Any idea why this would happen? You are correct regarding the CAN Lambda, I am getting a "Lockout Lambda" error I need to figure out. Thank you for your help. Best Regards, Zach
  1. Load more activity