All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Jefferson.C

Injector Timing

This is the INJ table on the new firmware R32-34 GTR map. Now, lets say you are using an RB25 cylinder head with RB26 ITB setup. The VCT is not variable and just ON/OFF with selective RPM points. If I were to explore the outcome of adjusting the table, would you recommend leaving the Y axis MAP?
  3. If you check the resistance in ice water and again in boiling water and post those here I will tell you if it matches any of the built-in calibrations.
  4. Thanks for confirming that! I will be running K20 coils with in-built igniters.
  5. Adamw

Injector Timing

What's your duty cycle at 140Kpa? As per DavidV's comments above once you are over about 25% inj DC, injector timing will have very little influence. At 50% DC you injector is open for one whole crankshaft revolution... In most cases Y axis is not needed, ideal injector timing will be related to transport time (RPM) and intake resonance (again RPM related). If you have VVT then cam position would be a good Y axis. If you have staged injection with vastly different primary/sec locations then choose something that reflects the % secondary.
  6. To confirm if an igniter is needed measure between the 12V feed and the signal in, If its low around 1 ohm then an igniter is needed.
  7. I have a vague recollection that the pinout posted above by Scott may be wrong. Please check this one:
  8. It focuses the input closer to the expected knock frequency so you should get less background noise coming through. Making it easier to identify knock
  9. Quad is an option but think you would be struggling to have the I/O available.
  10. This here says its a compatbile replacement part and expects 3.6ms - i'm guessing at 14v https://moneashop.com/electric-system/136045-coil-IC1197.html
  11. Yesterday
  12. Jefferson.C

Injector Timing

Seeing as this topic has been brought back, what would be the preferred Y axis setup in your injector timing table? Let's say for a boosted engine application running ITB setup? MAP or TP?
  13. Typ17 16vg60

Injector Timing

hi all only for memory, richer afr by earlier injector timing ( closer to 360°) have more effience. the correction are made by ve table .. anybody experience with timing under load? up to 140kpa (MGP) benny
  14. Hi all, Im just wondering what are the Calibration table that i should use for the AC Evap temp sensor. Mine does have variable resistance in series with the evap temp sensor from the factory configuration to allow AC temp control. i tried using bosch std calibration in the PC Link but i found out it was not too accurate as, my AC keep on engage and disengage too frequently even i set the controller at the highest temperature setting. Just for info my car using Denso 077500-0710 thermistor for AC Evap Temp Sensor. thanks
  15. kelvin1982

Trigger setup

Ok, I understood and I will try doing trigger calibration. Will report if having problem.
  16. Do you have any information on the wiring of this Bosch coil?
  17. That is what this car is doing, it runs but very badly.
  18. Yes it is possible to spark without an igniter. I even had a car which actually just ran (barely) without an ignition amplifier.
  19. Well, thank you for the ideas. I actually was not aware, that knock control was enabled already. I will check the knock sensor settings first, and then will set timing to more early setting. Do you know, which frequency band I should set the knock sensor to? Is there a formula I may can use for calculation? The engine has 1834ccm. The knock sensor is mounted at the engine blocks back, between cylinder 2 and 3. BUT, the signal level from cylinder 3 and 4 is much higher, according to the log I used. Any idea where this comes from? Looking at the dwell time, I wanted to go the save way. Sure, I can reduce that, but I am not sure, if one or two ms are enought for the coils from 1997. The problem I had was missfireing with sparkplug gaps of only 0.7mm (with Fine Wire!) which allready is really low. I ordered new plugs, and reduced the gap to 0.5mm (I used Denso IK22), I also used that high dwell time, and it worked then. Do you know any stock dwell times for MD362913 coils? I could not use any maps of the stock ECU, because it has not been decodet yet. I use mixed setting adopted from Golf 6 GTI, Honda Jass GDI, and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 7 and trying to adapt them.
  20. Hello, sorry to bring this up again. the pinout on the can end is the same on the newer ecus?
  21. Hello good day. I have the same problem as Tinytankwrx. But I use a MXL TRACK. How did they fix it ??? Thank you
  22. So it's actually possible to get a spark out of the coil even though it doesn't have a built in ignitor? I'm not 100% sure, I didn't build or wire this one, it just came in for tuning. I hate it when they arrive on a tow truck! Just wired in a R8 coil I had laying about for testing and the spark is very strong.
  23. What's Is the advantage to use this solution instead of ti set 4-10 kHz wideband ?
  24. That coil does not look like it has a built-in ignitor, do you have an ignitor connected?
  25. Hi I have a car in for tuning that runs very badly, at first I thought it was a trigger issue due to the cam and crank signals being at the same time. While swapping trigger edge for the cam I noticed the spark is so weak that I cannot get my timing light to trigger. Coils are BOSCH 0221504006. Testing the coil outputs in the software I have sparks that will barely jump a 2/3mm gap, Is this normal for the test mode or should I see full power?
  1. Load more activity