Ive got a problem with my car.
It is a Toyota Celica Gt4 rally car with the Gen 4 3SGTE, it has had a freshly rebuilt motor and a brand new "milspec" wiring loom with all new sensors and electronics. ECU is a link Fury.
we first put it on the dyno and has a misfire at exactly 4800rpm under full boost (19psi wastegate). we narrowed down the problem to cylinder 2.
we have swapped around multiple set of coils, spark plugs, injectors and the problem persists on cyl 2. the compression is perfectly uniform across all cylinders.I also removed the valve springs and they were fine. i also ran separate wires for the injector and coil, directly to the ecu bypassing the loom. we also tried another ecu and updated the firmware.
I then put a different wastegate spring (10psi) in and the missfire is still there, however not as aggressive.
The misfire occasionally goes away but is there 90% of the time
I hope you guys may have some ideas on what could be wrong (im now out of my paygrade)