Miata 1.8 link on 1.6

gerbzz

About to pull the trigger on this link but I was unsure if it would be useable on my 1.6 miata, the add says it game off of a 2003 which has a 1.8 

are any large modifications needed or am i looking at switching to a MAF or whatnot?

57085368_1902349029869963_6360090178685501440_n.jpg

That would work on a 1.6 but it is only a basic unit that works as a piggyback to supply additional fuel via extra injectors and it intercepts the ignition signal to allow some retard to be added. 

• 1 year later...

So I know I'm bringing this back from the dead, but this guy still had the unit a year latter so I pulled the trigger and got the unit. He didn't send me the harness included in the picture so I have to make my own. I'm under the impression that the unit draws power by piggybacking off the 1.8l front o2 sensor plug? should i put a inline fuse on anything getting power going to the unit when making my harness?

Also if i want to make this install easier on my 1.6 should i just convert it to 1.8 ignition?

The o2 signal modifier was not included and the lambda link was not either, but both these units do not interface directly with the link so i should be fine with a wide-band and the 2 wire signal modifier flyin miata sell in the states if I'm correct?

I know it probably a small production piggyback for you guys but have unit 28 and it feels like i have a cool piece of history.

ECU_tuning_piggyback.pdf

Also is this unit compatible with the Serial Link G1 Tuning Interface? Link Part # SER