Sign in to follow this  
Evolution55

Tacho feed

Hi there I am currently in the process of fitting a G4 EVO 1-3 plug and play ecu. We have an expansion loom fitted and are fitting additional sensors etc and have changed ignition from wasted spark to sequential as i am running coil on plug. The issue we have is having a tacho output so the factory tacho works as it would get its feed off the stock ignitor, but we dont have any outputs/inputs left other than ecu hold power. Will it cause an issue using this output? Or is there another way?

Cheers

The hold power will have additional circuitry which will cause issues when trying to use a tacho.

Also the tacho I suspect will be looking for a high level signal (coil negative type) so the ECU wouldn't drive with out it being modified. 

I have an Evo 2 that I have converted to coil on plug, and the tacho dont need high level signal. It will work with an aux-output setup as Tacho like most "newer" cars do. The plugin ecu should already have a tacho output taken care of. I assume you are using the plugin ecu for an Evo 1-3 vehicle?