No Output on Ignition 4 After Changing Battery

theFiztec

Hi there, Im using Link G4+ Plugin Evo 1-3. It has already tuned and engine has been running well for the past 2 weeks. However, this morning my battery died and i changed to new battery. After starting, engine run abnormal and after checking there is no output from Ignition 4. I run the test using the Ignition function. Please assist on what is the issue and if i can temporarily use Ign 5 to for Ign 4. 

Thanks

If ignition test is failing to fire the coil, check the continuity from the ECU to the coil. Check the power and ground at the coil. Ideally use a test LED to confirm if you have a pulsed signal in test mode to the coil.

Ign 3 is ok, but Ign 4 is interconnected with another circuit that could make it behave erratically.  DI3 is also linked to the relay control circuit on Ign 4.  So for instance if you put 12V into DI3 or turn on its pull-up resistor you will find ign 4 wont work.

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

DI3 is also linked to the relay control circuit on Ign 4.  So for instance if you put 12V into DI3 or turn on its pull-up resistor you will find ign 4 wont work.

Ok now i get it why IGN4 didn’t work when i wired up Neutral/Park switch to DI3. Already removed it and things is normal now. But will consider to run wasted spark. Thanks adam. 

Is it possible for you to email me the schematic diagram for plug in Evo1-3 so that i can know how the hardware is connected and take into account in my wiring. 

• 1 year later...
On 21/5/2019 at 8:54, Adamw said:

Ign 3 está bien, pero Ign 4 está interconectado con otro circuito que podría hacer que se comporte de manera errática. DI3 también está vinculado al circuito de control de relé en Ign 4. Por ejemplo, si coloca 12V en DI3 o enciende su resistencia pull-up, encontrará que el encendido 4 no funcionará.

Hello, with the G4X Plugin EvoI-III it continues the same.
Di3 and IGN4 are not friends is something that should be fixed