GDI engine - ignition timing wrong? No power

KK GDI

Hello there,

I am still working on my Carisma GDI Turbo.
I was at the dyno again today, and well… My Lambda needed some correction ( I was nearly at 0.7 A/F Ratio during higher load). 

But even after correction, the engine is not performing verry well.
Coud any of you look over my ignition Timing? 
The engine got 12:1 compression, 5psi of slight boost, and I got massive pover loss over 3500 rpm, the boost pressure is stable.
Maybe my ignition timing is set to late…? I use IK22 sparkplugs with reduced gap (set to 0.5mm). These are quite cold plugs.

Fuel corr. 1.2 20052019 16_10 Automatik.llg Fuel corr. 1.2 20052019 16_10 Automatik.pclr

Hi there,

Here's an area you could look at... It appears that 4 degrees of timing is being pulled all the time due to incorrect knock detection. 

The Knock target table is using AP, whereas your AP is stuck at zero (maybe you don't have drive by wire?).  I think this should use TP (not AP).

Hope that helps?

image.thumb.png.dd5ee277c9308795f92d9f791b1749d7.png

There are a few things here that look a bit wrong here

1) your dwell table is 9-10ms across the board. I'm not familiar with the coils on this engine but 9ms seems really high (typical would be 1.5-4 ish on most coils these days @ 14v) 

2) your ignition timing is quite low. At low rpm (say <2500) there is that low speed pre-ignition issue on many DI's, but above that, I would think you should be more in the 10-15 range than your current 2-4deg (even before you lose some to knock control as pointed out by Tim D). As long as you have some knock detection happening outside of the ecu to keep it safe (ie whatever detection tool+headphone the dyno operator has), i'd figure there is power to be gained by adding more timing. Have a look at the stock map for a rough guide on reasonable numbers.

Well, thank you for the ideas. I actually was not aware, that knock control was enabled already. I will check the knock sensor settings first, and then will set timing to more early setting.

Do you know, which frequency band I should set the knock sensor to? Is there a formula I may can use for calculation? The engine has 1834ccm. The knock sensor is mounted at the engine blocks back, between cylinder 2 and 3. BUT, the signal level from cylinder 3 and 4 is much higher, according to the log I used. Any idea where this comes from?

Looking at the dwell time, I wanted to go the save way. Sure, I can reduce that, but I am not sure, if one or two ms are enought for the coils from 1997. The problem I had was missfireing with sparkplug gaps of only 0.7mm (with Fine Wire!) which allready is really low. I ordered new plugs, and reduced the gap to 0.5mm (I used Denso IK22), I also used that high dwell time, and it worked then. 
Do you know any stock dwell times for MD362913 coils? 
I could not use any maps of the stock ECU, because it has not been decodet yet. I use mixed setting adopted from Golf 6 GTI, Honda Jass GDI, and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 7 and trying to adapt them.