'69 Twin turbo Dodge Dart

Guest |817|

Hi guys,

Just a quick post here to introduce myself. I'm Alain, and after growing up in Queensland Australia, I've been living in Holland since 1992. I've been building a twin turbo-powered '69 Dodge Dart for a number of years now. You know how it goes, money gets tight, you get married, get divorced etc. and before you know it, this build has been going on for just on 8 years now. Back in 2003 I was over visiting Oz again, looking up old friends and scoring parts etc for my car (as it is closely related to the Australian Valiant), and I also dropped by Ray's shop. It was a real pleasure meeting you back then Ray, and you had me convinced in the possibilities of the Autronic SM2 1.93 unit back then, so I ended up buying it from you along with some fuel pumps and injectors etc.

Now, so many years later, I never ended up installing the SM2, and now that it's time to do so, I have realised that over the past 8 years there have been many good upgrades to what's available. I started reading into the ViPEC range and contacted our local dealer Wouter Vreedijk to discuss a few things. Anyway, knowing how dedicated Ray is in his customer support and seeing the possibilities in the V88 unit I decided it was a good idea to put an order in for one. Wouter, thanks. I am now the proud owner of a new V88 and hope to get my Dart running within the next few months.

My Dart is remaining a street legal car, although it does have a 4-link and tubs. The laws over here in Holland permit them. Here's a few pics:

DSC01348.jpg

P6260005.jpg