“File locked to different ECU” problem

RFish

Hi guys,

Wondering if you could shed some light on this, never seen this problem before..

Finished a calibration last week, and had to make a couple of remote adjustments to the map today and load it’s road fuel map back in. 

Race fuel map out - ok

Road fuel map in - ok

Tweaks made etc - ok 

Go to put racefuel map back in and get the message “The file is locked to a different ecu and serial number”.

Erm how is this possible when the map has just come out of the exact ecu? 

Thanks for any insight. 

Hmm, thats an odd one.  If you open up the map that is giving you trouble and go to "ecu information" does it show the same serial number as the ecu that you are loading it in?  Can you try locking it with a password then unlocking it again?

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Hmm, thats an odd one.  If you open up the map that is giving you trouble and go to "ecu information" does it show the same serial number as the ecu that you are loading it in?  Can you try locking it with a password then unlocking it again?

It does show the same serial number yes.

I will try locking it and unlocking it, but the map has never been protected.

Im thinking it could be a PcLink version mis match between mine and the one on the customers laptop when loading it over TeamViewer, I’ll align the versions and try the lock/unlock and give it another go.