High frequency Aux outputs 4age vvt and tacho

kenola_oil

Hi guys, Im in the wiring phase of my 4AGE turbo build and see in my link storm documentation that Aux output 1-4 are used for high frequency outputs. I am wondering if VVT control needs to be on one of the AUX 1-4 outputs, Its a basic on/off switched solenoid but I dont know what frequency is suitable to get it to work as intended. Documentation in the pclink help section only seems to say it should be wired to AUX 1-4. should I swap the vvt and tacho output around? Will tacho be fine on AUX 5?

Current AUX output below:

Auxiliary output 1 - ISCV pin 1

Auxiliary output 2 - ISCV pin 2

Auxiliary output 3 -  Boost control solenoid

Auxiliary output 4 - Tacho 

Auxiliary output 5 - VVT

Auxiliary output 6 - Rad fan 1&2

Auxiliary output 7 - Fuel pump relay

Auxiliary output 8 - Spare 

ANy guidance appreciated thanks

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Assuming a 4AGE 20V, your engine doesnt have VVT,  you just have an on/off VTC or VTEC style system (function for aux 5 is CAM-Switched).    So it is fine as it is.

yes sorry, 20v 4age. I understand what you mean, I suppose I got caught out with everyone calling it VVT! I realised that for a 9000 rpm tacho that only a 150Hz output will be needed, could there be any benefit to shifting the tacho output along into the 5-8 Aux out and leaving the Aux 4 free for any future use of the 4000Hz output? Im not really sure what could utilise this output though, any suggestions? 

On 5/26/2019 at 2:50 PM, kenola_oil said:

yes sorry, 20v 4age. I understand what you mean, I suppose I got caught out with everyone calling it VVT! I realised that for a 9000 rpm tacho that only a 150Hz output will be needed, could there be any benefit to shifting the tacho output along into the 5-8 Aux out and leaving the Aux 4 free for any future use of the 4000Hz output? Im not really sure what could utilise this output though, any suggestions? 

I wouldnt bother, it is easy to move pins if you ever have a need to in future.  You are unlikely to need higher frequency .