logging Knock ?

efi265

hi guys i have had my knock sensor fitted and tuned .but would like to log knock data but am not sure how this works if its turned on will the knock control timing etc obviously..my tuner said there is not enough inputs for the ecu to work if there is inbuilt knock control why would this be do you think .i have a red g4 extreme. i have added knock system to logging parameter list is this the correct thing to do

cheers Ross

e85 efr turbo knock added.pcl

Im not too sure of your question or what your tuner is on about.  The G4 ecu logging is a bit limited in that is records a fixed set of channels which doesnt include the individual cylinder knock levels.  It does log knock threshold and global knock level however.  If you want more detail you can PC log to get all parameters.  

Has this map actually been loaded into an ECU?  It doesnt look like the knock control is set up correctly, possibly because this hasnt been in a live ECU?   Knock control needs to be set to "internal".  Knock ign trim cyl 1 table needs to be zeroed out (might do this automatically when you load into an ECU)?  Knock target table needs to be set up.  

• 2 weeks later...

ok so found the pcl file with knock setup from my old tune .but i am having trouble copy and pasting the old knk I-trim Cyl table to the new tune i have been  doing as the new tune .It says i am only allowed 5 degrees retard which i understand. but how does the old file have larger numbers but everything else i see is identical in the knock set up .sometimes it will paste different parts of the table and not others and its always a different  sequence  ?

sorry but i cant fit the pcl files on this reply ? and the screen snips are to large also ?

Im not sure if you are understanding how the knk i-trim table works.  If the "clear i-trim table" is set to ECU power on (this is the suggested option for most users), that table should be all zeros.  Only if the ecu detects knock and has to retard ignition then it will "write" how much retard it applied to stop knock into the relevant cell in the knk i-trim table.  So it should only ever at worst have small numbers in a few cells where knock was detected (<5), and they will be zeroed everytime you power on. 

I dont know how your original table got messed up but it is not correct to have big numbers in it like that.  It looks like someone imported the ignition table in or something.

Ok ha ha i should give up there then .o i just re read the help file my mistake yes it shows the amount of retard applied as you have stated and yes it is set to zero on ecu power on so it shouldn't show any numbers after the restart i will leave it at this thank you

• 7 months later...

I think g4+ knock sys is quite advance if u set it rigt.

What i do is tune boost off and found,.calibrate knock level and adjust gain level to get it close to 500 level.  Set your thershold.  Start doing on boost and log level should always meet below your thershold.