Jump to content
400s

Trigger Setup - Evo 5

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

Need some help getting the car to start on an 18 tooth trigger wheel.

Cam and Crank angle sensors are new.

I have attached the trigger scope, trigger log and rom for ease of reference.

Let me know what I can work on to get this car to fire up. Currently we do have a spark, fuel and air but the car cant seem to fire up.

Steve.

 

Trigger Scope.jpg

Trigger Scope Log 2019-06-10 12;32;22 pm.llg

103226449_FINALBaseTune.pclr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brad Burnett Cam level is only suitable for a multi tooth missing set up.

Has the CAM signal been modified to a single tooth?

Have you done a trigger calibration to confirm the timing with a timing light? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Simon said:

@Brad Burnett Cam level is only suitable for a multi tooth missing set up.

Has the CAM signal been modified to a single tooth?

Have you done a trigger calibration to confirm the timing with a timing light? 

 

I didnt know this, but from his trigger scope the cam trigger is still a level disc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Brad Burnett said:

I didnt know this, but from his trigger scope the cam trigger is still a level disc.

It appears due to his wrong settings the trigger scope hasnt captured a full 760deg in this case.  He says he has 18teeth on the crank (should see 36 for 2 revs) but we are only seeing 5 or 6 in that scope, so you are not seeing the full picture.

@400s  The main problem in your settings is you have trig 2 sync mode set to "Crank pulse 1X", it needs to be set to "cam pulse 1X".

 

e1qhuY7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Adamw said:

It appears due to his wrong settings the trigger scope hasnt captured a full 760deg in this case.  He says he has 18teeth on the crank (should see 36 for 2 revs) but we are only seeing 5 or 6 in that scope, so you are not seeing the full picture.

@400s  The main problem in your settings is you have trig 2 sync mode set to "Crank pulse 1X", it needs to be set to "cam pulse 1X".

 

e1qhuY7.png

@Adamw thank you. Will amend, and update.

trigger edges for both cam and crank are ok?

7 hours ago, Simon said:

@Brad Burnett Cam level is only suitable for a multi tooth missing set up.

Has the CAM signal been modified to a single tooth?

Have you done a trigger calibration to confirm the timing with a timing light? 

 

@Simon cam signal has not been modified.

 

trigger calibration done with a timing light and it is spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amended the rom to cam pulse 1x after cutting out the smaller tooth on the cam. Still no luck in having the car fire up.

 

I have attached a rom with the trigger settings as is, trigger scope log/capture, for ease of reference.

 

Thanks.

 

 

 

 

trigger scope picture.jpg

Trigger Scope Log 2019-06-11 1;21;46 pm.llg 103226449_FINALBaseTune.pclr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would set both trig 1 and 2 to falling edge. 

Rest of set up of triggers looks ok. 

Assuming timing is still correct and confirmed on a timing light and that you have spark and fuel during crank the next check will be to remove the plugs and check if they are wet. 

It might just be too much fuel (or to little) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...