Opel / vauxhall C20xe engine base map

Auxia

Thanks for that Adam , 

My settings were not far away from above but a issue we are having is when setting up the trigger we are only at approx -70 for this engine to start and run , it will rev clean enough but its not lining up with the scope approx -120 will be correct like on your base map but it wont start nor run on this setting , back it off to -70 and it runs but timing a good bit off from the scope . we are using the stock 60-2 and crank sensor , with wasted spark coilpack. 

Also with the -70 setting although it will start and run once we put any load onto it its like it looses sync and wont rev past approx 5k rpm . have tried altering the filter for the trigger but nothing .

Any ideas why we cant get this trigger timed up correctly ? 

Also worth mentioning we are only using this for ignition only as its a racing engine still on carbs but needs ignition and also flat shit set up for the sequential gearbox , the engine ran perfectly before on a omex 600 ecu running the ignition only and exact same ignition set up

thanks

Yes I mean when setting it up with our timing light we can't get it to time up correctly and can only get to - 70 other than this the engine won't run but it's not the correct timing on the timing gun etc 

Attached is a pic from triggerscope

20190612_184705.jpg

Sorry, I still dont understand your explanation.  So with your trigger offset set to -70, and the set base timing screen open with the timing locked to say 10 or 20deg what timing does the timing light show?  Is the timing stable/locked when you rev it or does it dance around?  Can you attach your tune file.  

Does it sound like all cylinders are running and the firing order is correct?

OK yes when  on trigger screen the offset is set at - 70 as this is where the engine will run but does not match at the timing light as its way off! But only setting that it will run. When you rev the engine it will dance about even though it is locked at 10deg 

Yes sits with all cylinders firing and firing order is 1-3-4-2 and also tested the ignition to make sure firing correct batch eg 1-4 and 2-3

I dont see much wrong in your basic set up but there is definitely trigger errors registered in your map and the ECU statistics show a max RPM of 14000 so it is not happy about something with the trigger.  

I just noticed in your triggerscope above the voltage is quite low - barely 1v in some areas.  I dont know if that was idle or cranking but possibly your arming thresehold is too high.

Try something like below.  Can you do us a couple more triggerscopes at higher RPM - if it gets there?

I would also turn off gear shift control temporarily just to eliminate that interfering until you get it running right.

qPQJB88.png

OK attached is triggerscope holding it at 5k rpm 

Also this is with above settings changed 

When holding the revs up with timing light on locked at 10deg still at - 70 on offset we are almost 30deg on timing light but moving around alot if I then try to up the offset to being it align eg - 120 it doesn't like it hope this helps 

20190614_144045.jpg

Ok, thats weird, the triggerscope taken at 5000RPM shows the opposite polarity to the trigger scope you posted earlier.  Did you change wiring or has that changed on it own?  

How is the crank sensor wired?  Does it connect direct to the ECU only or does it share a ground with something else?  Can you confirm you have the sensor connected as per the pinout below.  Trig1 would go to the left pin, sensor ground to the centre and right pin.

oxGfXn0.png

Yes I swapped the wires at ecu end to try it to see any difference. 

One wire going to trig 1 and other wire with shield going to ground / shield on the ecu. Does not share a ground with anything else. 

We had to change the plug back to omex plug and try back on the omex ecu so he could go racing this weekend and fires up first time and is perfect on the exact same loom.

So can only think it's something the link is not liking from this trigger set up if the omex fires it perfectly? 

Ok, when you get a chance, swap the wires back and redo the last test with the lower arming threshold since the polarity made that invalid.  When you do the triggerscope make sure you save it as a log like my video shows as that gives us more info than a screenshot.

Also, can you do a short log of it running including a couple of revs if you can.  How to do the log.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A

I had another thought when you are back on to it.  Can you confirm what you are using for a coil/ignitor?  From memory the Omex has built-in coil drivers whereas our ECU's dont and will need an external ignitor or coil with built-in ignitor.