SOI question

Nurzh_rt

Hi, i setup Sequental/staged injection mode on my subaru. 

Question is why Link can not use fuel cut mode with EOI timing position and i have message use SOI

Ok, second question is if i need to end injection timing at 360 degrees with 10msec injection at 6000rpm, i need to start injection at 720? and if i need 14msec at same engine speed, the maximum number in ECU is 720.

or may be i misunderstand something lol

On 6/14/2019 at 4:31 PM, Nurzh_rt said:

Question is why Link can not use fuel cut mode with EOI timing position and i have message use SOI

This rule only applies to staged injection.  I cant confidently tell you the reason of the top of my head, I did know but it is a while since I had it explained to me.  From memory it is something to do with staged injection, in some situations if one of the injector stages is open longer than the other a fuel cut limiter can potentially cut it short.

Ok, second question is if i need to end injection timing at 360 degrees with 10msec injection at 6000rpm, i need to start injection at 720?

720 or 0 are effectively the same thing so either will do.

and if i need 14msec at same engine speed, the maximum number in ECU is 720.

or may be i misunderstand something lol

14mS at 6000RPM will give an injection duration of 504deg.  If you start the injection at 576deg it will end at 360deg.

I will attach one of my spreadsheets below to make it easier to work out.

Spreadsheet removed as it had a mistake.  Re attached in a later post.

Thank you Adamw for your answer

im little bit confuse about, whether this table will work properly 

Sequential Injector Timing (°BTDC)SOI 360.lte

for example

if I need to end injection at 360, injection time is 5ms injection duration is 180 deg at 6000rpm, I need to start it at 540deg right? but in table its 180deg

19 hours ago, Nurzh_rt said:

for example

if I need to end injection at 360, injection time is 5ms injection duration is 180 deg at 6000rpm, I need to start it at 540deg right? but in table its 180deg

Yes you are right, it should be 540. 

Sorry I think I have a mistake in my spread sheet, I think I have fixed it now.  

Injection Calcs.xlsx

13 hours ago, Nurzh_rt said:

0 and 720 is same you told me, in table not same, please check it 

Yeah sorry, I done that spreadsheet about 10 years ago and have obviously made a mistake in one of the formulas for end of injection somewhere.  I dont really have time or interest in fixing it right now.  You will have to get your calculator out...

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Yeah sorry, I done that spreadsheet about 10 years ago and have obviously made a mistake in one of the formulas for end of injection somewhere.  I dont really have time or interest in fixing it right now.  You will have to get your calculator out...

thank you for your support, i'll try to calculate it.