Vss help - not reading dispite having pulse

Gregconboy158

Hi all, having a right mare with my vss

ECU is Honda 95 pnp g4+ 

The vss wont read on the ECU, I've tried everything I can possibly think of and cannot get it to work. The catch is it used to work!!

What I've done is; 

Changed vss for brand new item, even tried a friends known working vss. Changed the plug for vss, tested it's got good 12v and earth. Changed the signal wire straight to ECU, literally everything I can think of!

Tonight I've taken the vss out the gearbox and put it in a drill to rule out a problem in the gearbox, still nothing on the tablet, it doesn't even come "on" in runtime values. 

Then I took the signal wire out of ECU plug and used multimeter (12v from battery and the earth onto the signal wire) and turning the wheel this pulses 12v-0v-12v !! So why on earth it wont read on tablet is beyond me! 

I even tried putting it to another digital input, stock on Honda is a/c switch, which I haven't got so swapped this to lf wheel speed and it still doesn't read anything. 

Sorry if I've baffled on or bits and pieces dont make sense I'm just miffed as to why it wont work and I cant get my head around it. 

Any help be appreciated 

11 minutes ago, Gregconboy158 said:

How do I attach map and log? 

You may have an option at the bottom of your editing screen like below (I may have different privledges to you so Im not sure).  Otherwise if you dont have that option you can share it using google drive/onedrive/dropbox/etc.

ORP0YmR.png

Thanks will do that once I'm with the car, what do you want a log of so I make sure I get everything you need. 

From reading on the internet I'm seeing apparently the signal wire on a stock Honda outputs 5v, while mine reads 0v?? 

I've got 12v to power pin and good earth to the earth pin but 0v on the signal pin at the plug end. 

If you skip to 3minutes in it explains it in this video 

A hall effect sensor typically just switches to ground.  It wont "output" anything.  In that video he is measuring the wires coming from the ECU, not the sensor.  So the 5V you see on his meter is coming from the ECU.  This is the "pull-up".  Our ECU's DI pull-up is 12V but that doesnt matter it will still work.  This is why you normally need the pull-up resistor turned on for a hall sensor.