Bosch motorsports 60mm PID settings

immy21

• 4 weeks later...

Initially the TB calibration would error out, found the fix via forum search, had to switch DC + and - wires

This is what I have managed, main focus was to keep oscillation at bay, I don't think this is good enough. 
Any obvious PID tuning errors from experienced members?
I'l try again in the next couple of days.

Gentle drive home log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Itcbmv8HrZL6R6gAltEyKTfLUVIy2xLq/view?usp=sharing

PID5 P 8  I 0.078  D 55.jpg

PID5 Settings.jpg

Fuel smooth & PID5 req.pclr PID5 60mm Bosch Msport.llg

I'm not sure if the Link software supports zero'ing out gains but you'd typically tune a PID loop in order.

Tune the P gain until it overshoots, then back it off a touch.

Then tune the I gain to handle that last 10% of motion to get it to follow nice.

Then play with the D gain and tweak it.

Based on those charts I'd say you need more P gain.

You can do all this testing with the motor off so you're not rev'ing to the moon or crashing into things (mentioning it because you say you have a drive home log).

Thanks for the reply, I'm guessing there is no feed forward/base duty cycle as Zero'ing the gains results in no throttle movement.
Initial setup and the short log is with the engine off.

Your throttle control doesnt look bad to me.  You might find a small improvement but I dont see much to worry about in your log.  A little less P & D and a little more I would probably work better, try p=7, I=0.1 & D=45.