jetape

How to save CLL trim data?

I've seen posts where it says you can save the CLL trim data and apply it to the fuel table.  I can't seem to figure this out.

I ran the motor with CLL enabled, shut it off but kept ECU online, saved as new map. Nope didn't work.  Opened a new instance of Link software and connected to ECU, saved that data.  Nope it's still identical to what was there before CLL test.

How exactly does this work?

Thanks

It sounds like you are talking about the mixture map?  It does not use CLL data though, you should have CLL off for this.  The mixture map function is explained in the help file.

What I mean is mention at the end of post #2  (not quick tune)

I've seen it in other posts but of course I can't find them now.

You need to be careful when doing any "autotune" type stuff like this, because on transient conditions you get really wild Lambda results that you really dont want contributing to your fuel map. 
You can filter these with mixture map a bit though.

CLL is still a really good feature though in that it shows you what % fuel it's added or taken away, so you can just go through your map. Then if CLL reports it needed 4% more fuel. You can multiply that cell by 1.04.

Rather than needing to do a need/want equation manually. 

Still need to view the context though, if it's not in fairly steady state I tend to ignore results.

Also, if your fuel map was previously all good then its possible you're masking another issue that you needed to setup correctly instead ie. temp correction