Signal smoothing for Analog Inputs

cj.surr

As far as I can tell, this is not possible with the G4+. It would be nice if there were a few options for smoothing sensitivity on analog input signals to suppress noise and spikes. For example, my water injection pressure sensors that are being driven by a 20hz solenoid, I can see every time the solenoid opens (150 kpa spikes - see image). Another sensor I am planning on adding is exhaust manifold pressure, and I am anticipating I will have the same problem. 

image.thumb.png.e5d536134d8f61b06ab120ce2b2430a5.png

Thanks

9 hours ago, Ducie54 said:

Things like this on the G4+ I can't see being added. I run a T1 race pulse dampner on my Emap sensor. Works like a charm. Cheaper way is to run different size line restrictors untill your happy with the trend.

Why don't you see it being added? There's nothing overly complicated about it - it just averages a few sensor signal values. 10 year old Megasquirt software allows you to set an individual smoothing value for each input. 

Restrictors are not always practical/effective to add, such as in a water injection pressure.