RPM CUT Link G4+

Fotis

Hi Brand can you please tell the correct procedure of setting up the dizzy? 

As i said i did the following: top mount bolt at the center and then locked timing to 16 deg from laptop and did offset until timing on the crank shows 16deg

Thanks

On 7/22/2019 at 1:50 PM, Brad Burnett said:

On a distributed ignition engine, it is possible to have the timing syncd with poor rotor phase angle.  When that happens and you try to advance the motor too far, it is possible to have the spark try to jump to the next cylinder instead of the correct one.

I always set the engine to 20ish degrees before tdc and rotate the distributor to have the center of the rotor button pointed directly at the number one pole.  Then lock down distributor and sync the rest of the timing thru the computer.

explained it the other day here

that is not what im saying there.  Here let me spell it out for you:

1 set motor to 20deg bTDC number one

2 mark on the side of the distributor the center of the num1 cylinder pole on the cap

3 remove dizzy cap

4 rotate dizzy so the rotor button points directly center at mark you made on side of dizzy for num1 pole

5 lock down dizzy in this position and dont touch it any further

6 sync timing through the trigger calibration in the triggers tab so the motor matches the timing the ecu is asking for.

If you cant figure it out from there im sorry.

As both I and simon have said, you have a cross fire issue.  basically when you advance the timing the rotor is pointed more towards a different pole on the dizzy cap than the one you want because your rotor phase angle is incorrect.