PC Link closes Tune file when connecting

cj.surr

Having this issue with PC Link ver 5.6.7.3632

Sometimes, when I have my tune file open and PC link connects to the ECU, it will close my tune file and open the tune file stored on the ECU. It doesn't bring up any dialog before doing this. The tune file name/path in the header of the PC Link window disappears when this happens. I haven't figured out exactly when this happens, but it seems to do it more often if I have been away from the car, changing settings. 

• 1 month later...

This is how it’s meant to work.  If you have a map open when you connect to an ecu, PC Link will compare the two configs, if there are only small changes it will ask you if you want to write them into the ecu. If there are large differences it it load the config out of the ecu.

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

This is how it’s meant to work.  If you have a map open when you connect to an ecu, PC Link will compare the two configs, if there are only small changes it will ask you if you want to write them into the ecu. If there are large differences it it load the config out of the ecu.

I see, I wish that it would always ask if I wanted to load write the changes to the ecu, no matter how large. Because when it just loads the config out of the ecu and doesn't notify about anything, it's easy to think there were not any changes in the tune file. Then you carry on, tuning the config loaded from the ecu, until you realize there is no filename associated with the open tune file. Then you have to open the old file and see what's different, plus the changes you've recently made to the config file that was automatically loaded.... I've lost a good bit of time this way. 

If it's not possible for PCLink to ask if you want to load a tune with large differences, there should at least be a dialog that notifies what's going on (tune uploaded from ECU is replacing the open tune).