G4+ on Nissan 350z

adamDRIFTS

The 350z has an OEM oil pressure sensor that goes to an analog gauge that sits on the dash. My gauge broke and was expecting to be able to read oil pressure through the ECU. Unfortunately, oil pressure always reads 0psi in the ECU. Do I just need to wire the 5 volt from the factory sensor to an analog input to get it to work with Link?

If I remember correctly, the oil pressure analog signal goes to the module (air con I think) in the centre adjacent to the stereo.  It then goes up to the dash in serial format.  I will have a look tomorrow and see if I can dig out the wire colour and pin number for it. 

23 hours ago, Richard Hill said:

If I remember correctly, the oil pressure analog signal goes to the module (air con I think) in the centre adjacent to the stereo.  It then goes up to the dash in serial format.  I will have a look tomorrow and see if I can dig out the wire colour and pin number for it. 

That would be fantastic. Thank you Richard. 

4 hours ago, Richard Hill said:

Not sure what year your car is but the info might be common (this is for a 2007)

The oil pressure sensor connects into the Unified meter and A/C amp.  Here are a couple of wiring diagram extracts :-

I hope this info helps.

Richard.

Looks like it might be the same. I found the attached on AutoZone's website using your verbiage (Unified meter) as I didn't know where to start. It's listed for my 2003 and looks identical to the one you posted. It also appears to be shared with Maximas. 

I probably won't get to trying to figure this out for another week or so. Thank you for the help. 

0996b43f8025d25a.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know the cabin wire harness as well as I know the engine bay harness but I am fairly certain the oil pressure sensor does not funnel through the ECU.  Are you looking to use the 0-5v signal from the sensor to feed the ECU with a oil pressure fail safe?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes and no.  The first signs of a problem might be with a hot engine under low revs, so if caught early there is potential to prevent serious damage. 

If you calibrate oil pressure into the ecu then you could light the check engine light at a configurable pressure. 

Also, both the 350z cars I have seen had the oil pressure output as per my post above.   

Screenshot_20191021_211227.thumb.jpg.0bb68d31320e399391e74f0132b2aa67.jpg