Looking into Link Fury

NaokiS

Hi there. I was looking into Link ECU's mainly as I saw one being used on a youtube channel (Bad Obsession) and their use of it seems ideal to me.
I'm looking into options and prices of a long term build and wanted to see if the following could be done or was true to this unit.

The car I'd be using is a Ford Mondeo ST220 3L V6 which would be turbocharged (not sure on boost targets yet). The goal for me is to make the ECU work seamlessly as possible, so this would mean using the existing CAN bus systems for ABS and the dials aswell.

Essentially looking for the following:

1. Needs to be able to send CAN bus messages for rpm, coolant temp, oil pressure warning light etc
  2. Would also need to send out a legacy speed signal for non can systems (which would need to be obtained from CAN via the ABS unit as below)
  3. Would need to receive messages from CAN for AC activation, Speed from ABS etc
  4. Would like any custom sensors such as oil temp, boost pressure and AFR to be transmitted via CAN for other custom systems to use
  5. Ideally work with OBD for atleast the basic code reads (not expecting any manufacturer specifics)
  6. Ideally would like to use the existing immobiliser security even if it needs some programming/scripting (handled by original ECU, transponder merely encrypts the key code with a key sent to it from ECU, would prevent grounding to the starter relay elsewise)
  7. And perhaps wishing, but I would also like three profiles: One for economy where it avoids boosting and lessens max power for fuel efficiency, a normal setting for moderate boost and general driving and a "sport/track" profile where performance is ideal. - Whether this is selected by direct input (switches) or CAN isn't a problem as this would be controlled by a custom system.

I can already see that most of the points seem to be able to be done but I'm not sure about the mapping nor the security even though it does say it can be done. Any further clarification would be grand. Thanks!

EDIT:
As a final bit of clarification, the fury would work with the V6? It has a wasted spark system so 3 coils, 6 port sequential injection and MAF, TPS inputs

For what I see you want to keep everything like stock, and unless you find a plug and play ecu with total support for the CAN on your car, you are not gonna have it. You can try install a ecu as a piggyback to have full control over the engine and leave the integration to the car to the stock ECU.

I agree with Rosso here, The G4+ ECU's have pretty flexible CAN but unless you have a very good understanding of CAN and are capable of sniffing and decoding the original system you are going to have a hard time duplicating it with the Link.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 9:05 AM, Adamw said:

I agree with Rosso here, The G4+ ECU's have pretty flexible CAN but unless you have a very good understanding of CAN and are capable of sniffing and decoding the original system you are going to have a hard time duplicating it with the Link.

Apologies for  the long time in between replying to you both! In actuality I have decoded a lot of the CAN bus messages and have a general understanding of the system at hand. Have the IDs and packets stored in my little black book :D
So given that, it's thus technically possible and just needs programming in provided I know all needed IDs and their data packets? I'm already developing a CAN based system for other instrumentation and house keeping, hence why I've been looking into the IDs so that much isn't an issue for me.