Z32 n300 plugin on a ca18det

Pointz

Any reason why this wouldn't work?

Both 76pin 

Looking over the ecu pinout for the vg30dett, ca18det and link ecu only differences are iacv pin and fuel pump pin are in different positions.

Will the link fit the ca18 ecu housing?

5 hours ago, Simon said:

The S13 plugin that is a 76 pin header is a direct fit for CA18 models.  

That's not the question I asked.

The z32 n300 is also 76pin, I can get hold of a z32 link brand new for a very good price so want to know will it work with ca18det 

From what I can see they look pretty similar.  Fuel pump is on pin 18 on both.  As you mention the IAC may be different.  It is pin 106 on the s13 ecu and pin 4 on the 300Z ecu.  Another difference to research here is the ISC was controlled by an injector drive on the s13 ecu (with its own separate flyback diode) - this is typically done is situations where the relay is live all the time and would backfeed if connected to a regular aux output.  On the 300Z ecu the ISC is controlled by a normal Aux output so you may have to change that if the 12V side of the idle valve is hot all the time.

The other difference I see is Pin 6 is AC clutch on the S13, it is a fan on the 300Z and is also linked to pin 19.

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

From what I can see they look pretty similar.  Fuel pump is on pin 18 on both.  As you mention the IAC may be different.  It is pin 106 on the s13 ecu and pin 4 on the 300Z ecu.  Another difference to research here is the ISC was controlled by an injector drive on the s13 ecu (with its own separate flyback diode) - this is typically done is situations where the relay is live all the time and would backfeed if connected to a regular aux output.  On the 300Z ecu the ISC is controlled by a normal Aux output so you may have to change that if the 12V side of the idle valve is hot all the time.

The other difference I see is Pin 6 is AC clutch on the S13, it is a fan on the 300Z and is also linked to pin 19.

You are right looking at the Ca18det wiring diagram the iacv is fed 12v directly from a 10a fuse.

Can this be rectified with a diode to stop it backfeeding to the link?

The ac related pins I don't believe matter as I won't be running ac and not running electric fans. 

Or alternatively could I run pin 6 to an electric fan ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked the iacv and only had switched live.

The injectors did however have a permanent 12v so I have now ran this via a relay along with the Mac boost solenoid as the ca s13 never came from factory with an oem boost solenoid.

Hopefully get it started tonight if I can sort iacv pin being different. Hopefully I can switch this in pc link?

16 hours ago, Pointz said:

Hopefully get it started tonight if I can sort iacv pin being different. Hopefully I can switch this in pc link?

You will need to move the wire, Pin 106 is not connected to anything on the 300Z ecu.

The injectors being "hot fed" is not a problem, only the genuine aux outputs can backfeed if hot fed, ign and injectors drives are ok to be live all the time (at least on ecus that dont have P&H drivers).