Imputs / outputs on wrx4+

dx4picco

Hey guys,dp)

I finally got my hands onto a wrx4+ link ecu, to put in a 1998 v4 sti Type R (all stock components aside catless DP).

I tried to setup an excel file to see where I am at regarding the wiring. For the harness pinout I based myself on the following pictures:

ECU1.thumb.jpg.7a54aa19b317764f353a6995bd8b345e.jpg

ECU2.thumb.jpg.4b4668f4d43d3c60f21be9f5e23fbfae.jpg

Then I used the Help file of PC link to get the ones of the ECU.

I have the following questions (Excel file attached):

-why are there aux, aux-inj, aux-ign outputs. what are the technical differences between these?

-It looks like the list doesn't include grounds and +5v's, are they the same as stock ecu? (sensor ground, shield ground, ign ground, inj ground, maf ground, tps...)

-It seems like that in the pin function list I am missing the crank and cam position sensor, are they present?

-the pin function list shows An volt 1 for the map sensor, but nothing is lining up to it, and I can't even find the number on the stock ecu. Any idea on that?

-why is there 2 times ignition #1 and #2 (ecu pin 4&5 and 17&18)? is that the same output twice or is it really 4 independent ignition outputs to run full sequential ignition?

-what is the "Pressure source switching solenoid valve" of the stock wiring harness?

Have a nice day!

dx4picco

ecu pinout.xlsx

• 7 months later...

I'm coming back to this after some time,

IS B136-18 or pin 66 in link manual the map sensor ground?

Could the maf ground be used as a ground for the O2 wideband? B136-5  for the + and maf ground B136-7 for the -?

pin 62/B136-22 is labeled seld shut off control, is that pin active in the wrx4+ to control the hold power?

thank you

Pin 66 is just marked as "GND" in the schematic I have.  MAP 0V is pin 71 (B136-13)

21 hours ago, dx4picco said:

Could the maf ground be used as a ground for the O2 wideband? B136-5  for the + and maf ground B136-7 for the -?

Yep that will be fine.

21 hours ago, dx4picco said:

pin 62/B136-22 is labeled seld shut off control, is that pin active in the wrx4+ to control the hold power?

Pin 62 is a 12V signal out to engage the main relay.  In the WRX4 ecu this pin is just joined directly to pin 51 (ignition switch), so the ecu has no interaction - the main relay is controlled directly by the ign switch.

I got almost everything sorted.

Still on the way to make the v3-4 pluggin work on the 2000 impreza turbo.

Only thing that doesn't work is the map sensor. Doesn't seem to have connection to it.

I know now that on the V4 pluggin its (+)67 or b136-17 and (-) 71 b136-13 like you said.

Tps works so I believe the +5v feed to the map is right too (common with tps).

Now onto the car harness (v6) I have MAP (+/signal) on b136-7, that seems right too. I had the hope that map was on the common sensor ground on b136-24, but as it doesn't work, is that really the case ? 

What is the map ground pin on a v6 impreza ? 

Edit : ok now it seems to work. Didn't change anything, was maybe a bug.