About ALTEZZA fuel gauge

Hiromi

49 minutes ago, eduard said:

the same problem the fuel gauge not work. machine year 2000 (((((

Toyota Altezza SXE10 G4+ plugin Modelled fuel_14.pclr 166.87 kB · 1 download

How long have you had the unit for? There is a hardware update that needed to be done for early released ECUs 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Carl mc said:

has this issue been resolved? having this issue on a altezza 280t using the g4+ plugin ecu... 

What issue do you have?  Has yours been tuned in modeled mode? 

Provided your ecu is less that about 3 years old it will work correctly for models 2001 and earlier.  Some of the older ecu's may need a code update in the BEAN controller.

49 minutes ago, Adamw said:

What issue do you have?  Has yours been tuned in modeled mode? 

Provided your ecu is less that about 3 years old it will work correctly for models 2001 and earlier.  Some of the older ecu's may need a code update in the BEAN controller.

it is a Feb 2019 manufactured ecu, tuned using the basemap for altezza in the pclink software which I believe is a modeled fuel.

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Nelson said:

Hello, I am also late version altezza owner.

May I know what modification is required if I install altezzlink?

Will there any support from LINK if I can send my OEM ECU to LINK for investment?

If your car is later than 2001 then it is not supported.  If it is a 1998-2001 model and tuned using the modeled fuel equation then the fuel gauge should work correctly. 

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

If your car is later than 2001 then it is not supported.  If it is a 1998-2001 model and tuned using the modeled fuel equation then the fuel gauge should work correctly. 

Hi Adamw, may I know beside the missing fuel gauge signal, any other modification is required?

Someone told me the ignition coil signal are different. But I am not sure about this info. (OE ignition coil part no. Are different on early and late version)

It is really struggling on my case.

I am running my altezza with PowerFC. But after I upgraded to 2.2 toda kit. I found there is too much limitation on PowerFC setup and looking for a AltezzaLINK.

Do you have suggestions on my case? CAN I send.my OE ecu to LINK and defined a solution on my case?

Link would need a complete car to test, not just the ecu.  Given the low popularity of the model and the complex BEAN communication I suspect it would not be economical for Link to look at reverse engineering a later model when there is little demand.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

I just installed the Link ECU on my tezza and i think i have the same issue. The fuel gauge goes from F to mid gauge very quick (around 60km). 

I did disconnect and reconnect the ECU and the reading back to normal (show fuel consumed about 2 tick only) at first start but then drive along the car, the reading act as before.

my tezza is 1998 version.

Im not a tuner. learning to tune my car myself.

my tune as per attached

Altezza SXE10 G4+ mokh31102020-afterreset.pclr

Thank you

Dont the Altezza's have a returnless fuel system?  I see you have yours set to MAP referenced.  Is the injector flow rate accurate?

You have quite large numbers in the VE table which suggests the engine isnt getting as much fuel as you are telling it.  This means the fuel consumption value that is reported to the dash is higher than it should be.

It would be more realistic to have VE numbers around 50-60 in the idle area, you have ~82.