GPS can bus setting

Naccarini

Hi ,

Setting up a Honda 96+ plugin with an AIM MXG dash , it's possible to feedback the GPS speed reading from the AIM to Link ? We are working with a Quaife sequential gearbox and have not VSS sensor.
At this moment we are setting the Pclink Can setup and AIM dash ar per said on the AIM instructions with readings from ECU to AIM working on.

Thanks

I've done this by utilising the AIM smartycam stream instead of writing a custom canbus driver that can do both transmit/receive in RaceStudio.

I leveraged the info on this page about how the smartycam stream is made up: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/AIM_Integration_CAN_Mapping
Then used that to send Speed and EGT info back to the ECU by connecting the AIM Expansion CAN channel to the ECU's CAN2 plug

It took a bit of messing around but works perfectly.  One day I'll spend some time writing a driver so it can all be done on the one can bus

image.png.34ecd95f7de1a748b0b61e9997cd8b81.png

image.png.b7af8868fdd52fffbd3525faa7a07626.png

image.png.c2fc0e44e7e92772212e9e1dacf3cece.png

If you have the older MXG, then you can only send data out on CAN2 or the Exp port so as per JMP suggests, two separate connections back to the ECU are required.

If you have the newer MXG 1.2, then you can send and receive on the main CAN 1 port so only one CAN connection to the ECU is required.

Tell me what model dash you have and attach your ecu and dash configs and I should be able to set it up.

Hi Adamw , sorry I correct the model . We have the MXS    FW - 1.26     Boot - 1.16 version.

Would be awesome if we can receive/transmit one channel.

Thanks so much for share this info JMP,  what a good idea. If we can't manage at only 1 channel we can do that way because we have the smarty cam too.

Thanks

Can still tap into the expansion loom the smartycam's on to get the feed :)  I ended up buying a whole bunch of the connectors AIM use from RS Online so I could make my own cables instead of needing to purchase their expansion hub

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Naccarini said:

We lost the ecu signal , can you check our settings are ok please?

Plugin Honda 96 and AIM MXS Ver1

Yes, your setup looks correct for both the ECU and dash assuming the dash is connected to the ECU CAN 1 port and not CAN 2.  The ecu should actually be set to "Transmit Link AIM MXS Strada", but the generic dash stream is very similar and will still work fine (Only difference is lambda has different scaling).