E85 lower engine temp?

Rossobianconero

In roadracing cars engine temp is a big problem with high power engines, I have never really try e85 to lower engine temp, I have seen that even race fuel lower egt and e85 aswell but I have not yet try it and check if it lower engine temp, have someone go from pump gas to e85 or racefuel and see lower engine temps?

Regards

I have done a couple of NA circuit cars where I have good data from petrol vs E85.  I saw engine coolant temp probably about 3°C lower on average (no thermostats) even though they were making about 4% higher power.  I have never had trouble with high engine temp however, that suggests the heat exchanger system is inadequate. 

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

I have done a couple of NA circuit cars where I have good data from petrol vs E85.  I saw engine coolant temp probably about 3°C lower on average (no thermostats) even though they were making about 4% higher power.  I have never had trouble with high engine temp however, that suggests the heat exchanger system is inadequate. 

Yes you can always improve the cooling system, but I'm talking about engines with 100-150whp per cylinders, in roadracing na engine we usually don't have engine temp problems, thanks for the info, 3 degrees is not gonna cut it.