Updated Silicon Labs CP210x Driver

Leiden

I see the Link software ships with an older CP210x driver version 10.1.3.2130. The current release of the drivers is version 10.1.8.2466. Is it possible to use the updated driver or are there compatibility issues? I had a look through the INF files are it appears Link is using a slightly different Manufacturer & Device ID

If you are using windows 10 you can do this if you wish.  I have done it before a while ago when Microsoft changed one of the driver requirements and the older one Link was using wouldnt install on some machines.  From memory you need to jump through a few hoops to force it to use it but nothing too dificult.  However, I will say, unless you are having some specific problem I dont think you will see any performance improvement, the one that is installed by default was the latest as of early this year.  I think the reason for sticking with it is the newer versions dont work with win 7 & 8 any longer.

Thanks for the reply Adam, got it to work by modifying the inf file entries and turning off driver signing, I'll more than likely just stick to the supplied driver. 

I was having an issue where the Link software would be sluggish to respond for the first 10 to 20 seconds after connecting to the ECU. I only noticed this after 'upgrading' to Windows 10 from 7 however I just noticed it will do the same thing when opening a tune file offline so I think its just the crappy built in Intel HD Graphics having trouble with the OpenGL renderer? Seems to be okay if I open a tune while in table view rather than graph view.

Also I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but if your in graph view and change one of the load axis's to 'None' the Link Software will crash. I assume this is because a 3D table graph is displayed with the OpenGL renderer whereas a 2D table isn't?

Yeah, sounds more like a graphics issue.  Try getting the latest intel driver directly from Intel rather than the old one that comes from windows update or the laptop manufacturer.  If that doesnt help, try some older versions too.  Also, make sure the windows display scaling is set to 100%.