G4 + Atom MAP sensor

James c

Hi

I'm adding a 3 Bar MAP Sensor to my existing Link atom ECU but have a few questions. 

The car is currently using the +5V Power out for the TPS sensor. I want to retain the TPS as the vehicle is running individual throttle bodies. As the Atom only has one +5v Output how can I supply +5v to both sensors? 

The MAP sensor requires a ground.  Does this need to run back to the ECU or can I ground to a suitable spot on the engine block for example?

I have a spare 0 to 5Volt analog input on the ECU so I can just run the sensor signal OUT into this and configure the ECU to suit?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, James c said:

Hi

I'm adding a 3 Bar MAP Sensor to my existing Link atom ECU but have a few questions. 

The car is currently using the +5V Power out for the TPS sensor. I want to retain the TPS as the vehicle is running individual throttle bodies. As the Atom only has one +5v Output how can I supply +5v to both sensors? 

You will need to splice into the 5 volt supply , usually near the ECU to supply a reference to any sensors

The MAP sensor requires a ground.  Does this need to run back to the ECU or can I ground to a suitable spot on the engine block for example?

Yes, back to ECU , to a ground out pin , again you can splice into this if needed.

I have a spare 0 to 5Volt analog input on the ECU so I can just run the sensor signal OUT into this and configure the ECU to suit?

Yes.

HTH,

Richard

Thanks

I normally use an open barrel splice, like these 

https://uk.farnell.com/amp-te-connectivity/140723-2/terminal-wire-splice-15-5awg-crimp/dp/2972010#

Depending on the thickness of the wire you're using, you might be able to double pin into the connector, but it will need to be thin wire.  I have done this before but it can be tight.