OSS with Link Extreme

434josh

My transmission has an output shaft speed sensor built into the case that I want to utilize. Not specifically to indicate speed for driving but to activate an output at a consistent time based on speed. The sensor is a 2 wire VR. 

I am using DI2, RR Speed, no pullup and falling to start unless suggested otherwise. Correct?

The other question is, what does the second sensor wire hook to? Sensor ground or a 5v ref? I have only used VR sensors for ignition that specifically have pins for both wires so I want to make sure I don't cause any ecu issues by hooking it up incorrectly. 

Thanks for the help. 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Yep that would be the set up to go with. The second wire connects to sensor ground.

Thanks Simon, 

Now the second part of the question. I am setting up for a roll race this weekend. I want to setup a pushbutton speed limiter of 60mph and at the same time create an anti-lag. 

Transmission is an auto and I am turbo charged and using dbw. What is the best way to accomplish this? Huge timing retard with the speed limiter?

3 hours ago, 434josh said:

Thanks Simon, 

Now the second part of the question. I am setting up for a roll race this weekend. I want to setup a pushbutton speed limiter of 60mph and at the same time create an anti-lag. 

Transmission is an auto and I am turbo charged and using dbw. What is the best way to accomplish this? Huge timing retard with the speed limiter?

Yes, the speed limiter will be the best option I think if you know the "roll speed" before the event.  The "rolling antilag" feature (latched launch mode) uses RPM rather than speed so may not work too well with a auto trans.

Set speed limit to ign cut, turn advanced mode on, and experiment with limit ign trim and the control range.  Make the exit decay rate something like 20%.