Evolution 8 G4+ PnP With E-Throttle - Pins 20, 32 & 34

DaRKNT

Hi All,

I'm seeking to clarify what each of the above pins do and what they're assigned to. PCB Rev 1.5.

I'm currently mapping my inputs and outputs and in doing so, I've realised that IGN 4 is mapped to 3 different pins on the stock ecu header. Could someone clarify if there's a revised pinout? If not, could someone clarify what each of these pins does?

(Also, under pin functions, IGN 4 is not mapped to anything on the Evo VII/VIII)

image.thumb.png.21d637ae1c97fa11363146ecddd26389.pngimage.thumb.png.6f714dc70078872031604328ab369fe4.png

Thanks

J

Oh also, having gone through the mapping of pins and functions a bit more; I have a few more questions:

1) Pin 73 - AN Vin 8 - Not assigned to anything: Can this be assigned to anything should the stock baro sensor not be pinned here?

2) Expansion Connector 1, Pin 6 - Is this assigned to DI10 or AUX4? The plugin installation manual states it's AUX4 and PCLink Help documentation calls it DI10

3) Pin 40 - CAT light - my car doesn't have a cat light. Can this be assigned for use as something else?

4) Pin 46 - Is DI10 assigned here or is it assigned to Expansion Connector 1, Pin 6? - The plugin installation manual suggests that DI10 is mapped to pin 46, with AUX4 to EC1,Pin6. That said, the PCLink Help Documentation suggests that nothing is mapped to Pin 46, and DI10 is on the expansion connector.

5) Pin 11 - Is this mapped to AUX4 or IGN6? - Plugin documentation suggests IGN6, PCLink suggests AUX4

I've summarized my questions in the table below:

image.png.37e6a5af60703b592b0e47c46e3da292.png

Hopefully you can clarify, I apologise if I am understanding anything wrong.

I’m not at a pc now, but it sounds like you are looking at the pinout for the wrong pcb version in pc link.  The info in the printed doc and pc link should be the same as the manual is automatically generated from pages in the help file. 

The two fans connected to ign 4 just switch on together - effectively connected to the same pin.  

You can use any of those 3 ign4 pins for your coil, just have to make sure nothing is connected to the two you don’t use.

the ecu has onboard baro so doesn’t use the factory one.

The cat light pin can be used for something else if you wish.

Hey Adam,

With the CAT light - how do I go about assigning it to an alternate function? Going through my base map, there is nothing mapped as "Cat Light" in the inputs/outputs. Also, Cat Light isn't mapped as an Auxiliary Output etc (see pinout below).

I've attached below what I have in my PCLink Help File vs What is on the most recent manual (Accessed through Link Product Page). Both are for PCB Revision 1.5+ and a G4+ with E Throttle. Just hoping to clarify which is the correct data.

image.thumb.png.cb86ef2df4fe1ec63c22fee67cf9f8a6.png

Thanks for your assistance!

I dont think there currently is a correct pinout for the V1.5 bottom board.  The one on the left of your pic above should actually be labeled "V1.6+".  The one on the right is mostly correct except pin 11 is Ign 6, not Aux 4.  There is no Aux 4 on V1.5 and pin 46 is not connected.

The Cat light is not connected on any of the versions - sorry for the conflicting info I gave earlier.  The reason is that some Evo8's use this cat light pin as a sensor ground, there is a jumper onboard to connect this pin to ground.

Ah that makes sense - somewhat annoying as I'm stuck with a V1.5 board and I need an additional auxiliary output (Aux1-8) capable of PWM for my NZEFI fuel pump controller.
I take it there's no way around this short of hacking up my factory wiring harness?

Also, just a question on Aux10 - it's listed on the expansion connector as an available auxiliary out, however doesn't show up in the software as something I can assign a function to. I know it has something to do with the E-Throttle capability; however are you able to explain the use of the physical Aux10 pin

a) with Ethrottle
b) without Ethrottle

9 hours ago, DaRKNT said:

Also, just a question on Aux10 - it's listed on the expansion connector as an available auxiliary out, however doesn't show up in the software as something I can assign a function to. I know it has something to do with the E-Throttle capability; however are you able to explain the use of the physical Aux10 pin

a) with Ethrottle

When E-throttle is turned on, Aux 4, 9 & 10 all work together to form an H bridge.

9 hours ago, DaRKNT said:

b) without Ethrottle

When E-throttle is turned off the Aux 10 pin is controlled by the Aux 9 controls in the software (the physical aux 9 pin is not usable for anything but E-throttle).

You cant do PWM on Aux 9 anyhow so this in not much use to you.

How about moving the intercooler sprayer wire off Aux 2 and connect it to one of the spare auxes/ign auxes, this will free up aux 2 for the FP speed.