Link MXS Strada Street Dash wiring

oversteer

Hello

I'm looking at doing the dash properly and replacing the whole subaru dash with the Link MXS Strada street version, I've looked around for a manual/pinout on how the indicators, high beam, warning light etc wire up to the dash with-out luck.... can anyone tell me how these wire to the dash ?

Cheers 

yeah, I got one thrown in with an AIM MXS as part of a package deal...  would never spend that sort of cash on one :)

You've got more than 8 signals to input?  An alternative is to use spare inputs on your ECU and then use those as triggers for the event on the dash

• 2 weeks later...

Got the dash installed, now trying add some non standard items to display on dash, found post 

When I try to modify sec inj duty for ethanol content and then save I get "Too many parameters set in streams"..... how to i get around this ?

The dash is on CAN2 with the EMP pump and custom stream1 that you defined, so i set channel 2 transmit stream 2 where i loaded 869078060_ConfigurableGenericStream.lcs.

There is also a lot of other stuff i want to be able to see on the dash, i was just trying the ethanol one first and ran into an issue !

Is there a new way to do this ?

EG33ThunderRunDash.pclr

There is a limitation of about 50 parameters using custom streams.  The pre-configured streams such as generic dash and your EGT device are not counted as part of the 50.  

So a a couple of options - one is to delete all the stuff out of the custom stream that you dont need sent to the dash.  The other option is to keep the generic dash stream to send the majority of what you want, then add a new stream that only has the few extra channels you want to send.  You need to use a custom template in the dash to do this.  If you attach your dash config I will set up a custom stream with an extra channel added as an example.

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam

Can you help set-up the dash CAN data like you described above ?

I'm needing to get another temp reading(AN4 Temp) to the dash, there are not any temp streams left that I can re-purpose to send this data, I have tried using other things like cam timing and it seems to do some math because the numbers that come through on the other end are not the same, tried using multiplier and offset but can work out what it needs!

Link and dash config attached.

mxs 1.2 strada eg333.aimcfg EG33AC1.pclr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No doesn't work for IC Temp, and Crankcase pressure, just shows 0 for temp and 29.4 for crankpress, should be 30 and 0 at the time.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NwGuFPcbtIPSnDFMVbRRbMY0Hgye5Q2N

The 2 "new CAN" files are your configs with the rest of my tune and display latest version, so please mod from there...

The 2 other files are my current configs that work, temp displays correctly, but won't show negative numbers, is there a way to pass this temp reading to dash as actual temp(not the exhaust cam deg I'm using now) so it will display positive and negative numbers?

And crankcase pressure has been fudged in Cal table 1 so the display shows InMg correctly on dash, as a plain conversion from Kpa to InMg by dash takes the absolute Kpa number(ie 80 Kpa)and shows that in InMg... when actually its 20Kpa of vacuum that needs to be converted ! Problem with the fudge is that i can't read positive crankcase pressure ! Is there a better way of doing this ? (has to be ! my fudge is ugly) Displaying +ve and -ve pressure in InMg would be best, or Kpa if that can't be done.

Thanks

2 hours ago, oversteer said:

And crankcase pressure has been fudged in Cal table 1 so the display shows InMg correctly on dash, as a plain conversion from Kpa to InMg by dash takes the absolute Kpa number(ie 80 Kpa)and shows that in InMg... when actually its 20Kpa of vacuum that needs to be converted ! Problem with the fudge is that i can't read positive crankcase pressure ! Is there a better way of doing this ? (has to be ! my fudge is ugly) Displaying +ve and -ve pressure in InMg would be best, or Kpa if that can't be done.

Is this a drysump engine?  Is the sensor an absolute pressure sensor?  Whats the normal CC press at idle?

2 hours ago, oversteer said:

The 2 "new CAN" files are your configs with the rest of my tune and display latest version, so please mod from there...

The dash config that you have named "EG331.0 New CAN", you have taken my CAN setup out all together and it is just using the standard Link CAN Bus Base ecu file?  This is why it is not working...

Ok went back to racestudio and looked at configs, tried to import your one again and race studio got stuck in a loop with this message ;

rjaypkT.jpg

Racestudio is having a biscuit, looked up latest version and updated to 3.30.12, now it will import your config file, but all the display pages are messed up, seems i can go through and change them back to what i need.

I can now see that there is a different ECU stream config, I'll see if it works once i have set up all the display pages again, what version of race studio are  you using ?

Yes Dailey 5 stage race dry sump, engine idles with ~6InHg / 20 Kpa vacuum, which depends who you ask is too much or too little, iirc Bill Dailey said up to 12InHg, but others i have asked said 3InHg is enough....Haven't touched Moroso Vac regulator out of the box, but it can be adjusted... Crankcase sensor is a GM3Bar, so it reads absolute with default config.....80Kpa absolute at idle which is actually 20 Kpa vacuum !?

Thanks Adam, dash works and displays data as far as I can tell right now correct with out driving it(Car has no seats, fabricating race seat mounts).

Had to update MXS firmware as well since I went with the latest RaceStudio version, there are so worth while improvements in dash functionality which is great.

Quote from Bill Dailey in an email ;

vacuum regulator  08-0455
add to valve cover and set vacuum about 12" hg

Its a perterson Vacuum Regulator installed in right valve cover....12" hg is a lot of vacuum, turbo builder who drag races turbo V8 said 2-3" hg....