G4+ NS15+ Barometric pressure sensor tuning

ZipTieTECH

I wanted to ask someone who knows more about barometric pressure sensors for atmospheric tuning. I like to take my car in higher altitudes and although it may not affect too much, i have a lot of open channels and my racepak dash can display barometers so i figure why not just add one. I will be running a map sensor and AIT sensor on my sr20. Any thoughts on routing lines for the sensor.

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

for some reason i cannot find the BAP. right now i have the on board set as MAP and i set up an external Baro. im not tuning at the moment but building my basemap. I dont know if i have to have the ECU connected to the computer or to the car in order to tune the baro. I figured i would be able to see a table for baro. Still getting use to all of this tuning software

actually i found the Runtimes tab. i had to make the new tab. how does baro tune for altitude? does this get tuned by the tuner?

Typically for a turbo engine you would put MGP on the fuel table axis, (MGP is MAP-BAP) this will take care of altitude changes quite well and rarely needs anything more than that.

If you want something more user configurable or want to do something a bit different with BAP compensation then just turn on a 4D fuel table, and put BAP on one axis.  The 4D tables are an overlay so act like a multiplier.  If you have a "5%" in a 4D table it will add 5% to the calculated fuel, if you put "-5%", it will remove 5% from the calculated fuel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...