LINK G4+ and IQ3 dash communication help

ZipTieTECH

Hi guys 

I wanted to make a post because I don’t see anything on the internet to steer me into the right direction. 

I have a Link NS15+ ECU and I want to connect a Racepak IQ3 street dash using the CAN high and CAN low on the 34 pin connector. I have spoke to Racepak and they said I need to configure the dash to Link G4+ which I have already done. I also was told i have to do more to the racepak settings. I don’t know how to configure the Link ECU to connect to the racepak in PCLink Can settings.

is there any way can someone tell me how to connect the dash to the Link ECU

thank you!

Basic set up instructions are in the help file > G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > CAN > Device Specific CAN Information . RacePak IQ3. 

If you have the old dash with the 8 pin Deutsch clug on the back then you will need a VNet module - either 230-VM-EFILINK or the universal one 230-VM-EFIUCAN.  You will find instruction documents for setting up those modules if you google the part number.

If you have the newer "street" dash which has the 34pin superseal connector on the back then you dont need the VNet module, CAN H&L can be connected directly to the ecu.  Set up in datalink is much the same as the EFIUCAN module - you still need to set the ecu type to Link, then do a "read Vnet" procedure etc.

Thank you. I will give it another try tomorrow when I turn the ecu on. I have the newer street dash so I have the high and low on the 34 pin. I have wired it up directly to link can 2 plug using shielded 22AWG twisted pair. I will update tomorrow after trying to set up

UPDATE!

So i have connected my Racepak IQ3 street dash finally after 3 days of tinkering around with the software. Turns out that when i installed the program from the USB Drive, I needed to download all other data for IQ3 dash configurations. It wasn't giving me the EFI channels for the Link ECU configuration. I followed the steps on Racepak's Datalink2 software to configure for link (emailed tech support) and then i configured Link with the instructions that Adamw posted above. I have only tested water temp and TPS so far. I have not checked if everything else works because I haven't finished setting up the ECU. i need a few more sensors before i start up the car.

I appreciate the help!

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, 

I Have the Haltech street dash and have connected it up to the CAN hub, coming out of the G4+, 

is it better too wire it straight to the ecu wiring? I cant seem to get it working, as I don't think I need the Vnet module adaptor being the haltech model?  

If it is the newer "Street" version with the 34pin plug on the back then you dont need the vnet module.  If it is the older one with the 8pin DT plug then it needs the vnet module.  

The hub should be no drama.